3-pt quick-connect

Anybody know alternate source for this style adapter (Cat 1)?

These just seem to me to be about doubly over-priced altho the current "sale" will pay shipping. Alternatively, any additional discount coupons for Northern Tool floating around anybody knows of?

Reply to
dpb

--

Reply to
dpb

If you think Northern is overpriced, try pricing them at local farm equipment dealers. You'll buy two from Northern because they're so cheap.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Harbor Freight has a different style for $90 (less if you wait for a coupon)

I'm pretty sure they have the other style as well if you can find it in their catalog.

Reply to
Pete C.

Actually, if I could find the same style locally, I'd be far more inclined to pay the price.

In general, the "real green/red/orange/whichever" is worth at least a sizable fraction of the difference owing to the better quality welds, heavier materials and fit and finish over the cheapie knockoffs...

For anything other than this light-duty stuff I don't even flinch--it's that these are so pricey from a sorry-ass source that bugs me.

So, back to the question posed -- anybody know of anybody else even making this type (as opposed to the rigid-frame style which isn't what I'm wanting for this tractor)?

--

Reply to
dpb

Pete C. wrote: ...

I know but I don't want the rigid-frame style on this tractor owing to variety of attachments--some need top-link, some have own so would have to swap the quick-hitch off/on which defeats the purpose.

If so a search of the online catalog doesn't uncover it.

Reply to
dpb

I'm fairly sure I've seen it in their catalog before. The online search is rather iffy due to poor descriptions and whatnot. There seems to frequently be an amazing variety of stuff that shows up online or in the catalog, but not in both.

Reply to
Pete C.

Pete C. wrote: ...

I don't buy anything from them regular enough to have a printed catalog...guess I could see if there's a request button on the web site (not that I really want any more catalogs... :( )

Orscheln, TSC, none of the other retailey-like farm distributors seem to have the single-arm style.

I may see about making up something instead...

--

Reply to
dpb

If you do, you need to sign up both on the Harbor Freight site, and if there is a store somewhere nearby, also the Harbor Freight USA site. You'll get both mail flyers and email specials, and 15%-20% single item coupons frequently appear.

You could certainly do that. So far I've just done the regular Cat-1 manual hookups, other than the tiller which is a bit heavy, the other attachments aren't too difficult to wrestle.

Reply to
Pete C.

Pete C. wrote: ...

It's one of the heavier but I'd like the quick hitch for it because the extra length would be good to keep the PTO from being such a tight kink when raised as well is a second objective.

I've also taken out quite a lot of the arm side-play so stuff trails better than otherwise would as well so it's more of a pain than would be if had more slack on everything as well.

Plus, the _real_ answer is I'm lazy... :) I'm so used to having a quick coupler on the other tractors I'm tired of messing around w/ this little guy...

--

Reply to
dpb

I solver the tiller problem, I built it a cart. It is a flat sheet with 4 casters & 4X4s on the sides cut to fit the skids. I used to fight it every time, now it is a walk in the park. The base doesn't really need to be super heavy duty, if the wheels are directly under the skid holders, I used a commercial shelf made of expanded metal edged with light angle.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

Pete C. wrote: ...

One of the guys at the donut shop had a new HF catalog so he brung it in...no 3-pt stuff at all in it, anyway.

Don't suppose I could get you to take a look and see if there's any chance it's in one there by any chance?

And, on subject brought up later no, there's no HF outlet within 250 miles so there's no point in the getting inundated by the store flyers.

--

Reply to
dpb

I looked through my most recent stack of some 17 HF catalogs and flyers and didn't find it. I did see the other unit listed in a number of them however. Perhaps I only saw that one in the Northern Tool flyers. I suppose you could call / email their HQ and ask.

Too bad, with those 20% coupons and a local store you can get some really good deals. You can also inspect items before you buy them which is a big help in finding the gems.

Reply to
Pete C.

Thanks for looking, Pete. I'll fuss and probably go ahead I suppose. I really have found nothing else like them altho it seems so obvious.

I dug through the various jun--err, used parts piles and didn't find much to start from for building a pair. I was thinking I had the end castings off the lift arms from an old Allis snap-coupler setup I thought might work but couldn't come across them and nothing else particularly helpful... :(

The lack of touchy-feely is primarily why I virtually never use HF -- just too much chance involved w/ the mail-order stuff as to whether its worth anything at all to make it worth fooling with.

Anyway, thanks again...

Reply to
dpb

When you are looking at a possible HF item you can ping here and folks with local stores can confirm if an item is good. I can definitely tell you that their 6" and 12" digital calipers and their 0-3" conventional micrometer sets are very good deals, especially on sale / coupons. Their new digital micrometer looks good too, just waiting for the next sale and coupon to snag it at my local store (3 around here).

Reply to
Pete C.