3-in-1 oil in an electric motor

Page 2 of 2

i seriously doubt any oil used really matters in a motor thats old enough to need oiling.......
i have used 10 w 30 om some machine motors in the past none ever failed, with or without oiling........
old stuff was designed so well much didnt matter
now stuff is designed so cheap it cant even be oiled......

I have drilled a few end caps to allow a telespout oiler to relube the pads. Oreilly auto did stock 20wND oil.
--
Mr.E

I do belive the older motors did need oiling. At least, the ones I've worked on did. Drilling your own oil holes is (I think) a good idea. If you don't get metal chips in there.
Farm supply places, they might have grease gun tips with a syring needle. So you can inject some grease into CV joints. Or, on the farm, the permanant lube joints on farm equipment. That are not made to be greasable, but totally expensive and labor consuming to replace.

I have drilled a few end caps to allow a telespout oiler to relube the pads. Oreilly auto did stock 20wND oil.
--
Mr.E

use in the gearbox of my Myford