$ 3,845.00 Tool Kit, Just What Everyone Needs For Home Repair

Page 1 of 2
Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with those giant magnets use? ^_^
http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-tools/siemens-35-pc-mri-3-t-tool-kit/
TDD

The high point of the yearly general safety inservices when I was still a nurse was always the MRI safety films. Got some rather strange looks when I started giggling every time they brought out the pipe wrench that reduced cement blocks to dust. Way cool.
but what they conceal is vital.

I see the 3# hammer is only $221. What I'd call a 12" Crescent wrench is just under $200. Why don't they sell vise grips?

Cost of a few MRI's.
Since my wife had one this week your post prompted me to look up prices and I found this interesting article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/03/15/why-an-mri-costs-1080-in-america-and-280-in-france/
Reinforces what my lawyer sons tell me about some way overpaid doctors they know. Lot of them make as much as major league ball players ;)
Also, half a century ago when I was studying chemistry, I would run my own NMR's. Same as MRI except for name. Must have been relatively weak magnet as I don't recall having to use any precautions for metals I might have on like a watch.
Frank wrote:

Exactly the same. They dropped the "N" from the front of "NMRI" to appease / defuse the ignorant anti-nuke loons.
On 12-15-2013, 18:49, Frank wrote:

I did some computer work in an NMR lab for a chemistry professor. It had an outline on the floor and warnings to keep magnetic materials out of that outline. But it must indeed be a weaker magnet than those in medical MRIs.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id 745
--
Wes Groleau

A bureaucrat is someone who cuts red tape lengthwise.
On 12/15/2013 5:49 PM, Frank wrote:

TDD

The term "Nuclear Magnetic Resonance" though a more accurate description of the process was too scary for the general public because the title contained the word "Nuclear". So the Politically Correct thing to do was to rename the process,"Magnetic Resonance Imaging" which is not as scary. "The Dumbassification of America" started a long time ago. Darn, I wish science as a required subject for a kid to graduate high school was taught in a different way so they could understand the practical concepts perhaps using what shows up in the news to make them understand what's going on in the world around them. There are kids who are now like I was at that age who live for learning anything about science, medicine and technology. The kids who actually want to learn should be nurtured and helped instead of hindered which is what happens to many of them. I was so frustrated as a kid who wanted to learn and really wished there was an Internet back then but it was science fiction at the time so I had to haunt libraries and getting to a library at the college was a real treat for me. Kids really need a class on "Life" and how to live it. I remember home economics classes that were for the girls but one of my male classmates took the class. They get out of school and have no idea how to balance a checkbook, fill out their income tax forms or do the simplest necessary things to live in society that adults do without a second thought. Perhaps the class should be named, "Welcome to the real world." ^_^
TDD

And, while class is in session. you're welcome to plug your ipod charger into a subatomic nuclear energy transfer source, to wit, electric socket.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12-16-2013, 08:15, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I don't think the hopping of electrons from one atom to another should be called "nuclear."
--
Wes Groleau

He that is good for making excuses, is seldom good for anything else.
On 12/16/2013 9:57 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:

'Tis rather valencial.
(Yeah, I made that up.)

Right. It's a nasty chemical thing.

The term nuclear has nothing to do with radiation or radioactive decay but refers to the precession of odd numbered atomic nuclei, like hydrogen, in a magnetic field. I think the main reason the medical people dropped the "nuclear" was that the procedure does not belong in their nuclear medicine department that does have to do with radiation.
Frank wrote:

Intelligent people understand this, however the anti-nuke loons are not intelligent.
On 12/16/2013 9:06 AM, Pete C. wrote:

I think they're just low information citizens. Someone else posted that the name change came about to prevent confusion between the NMR and nuclear medicine which uses radioactive materials because NMR doesn't emit ionizing radiation as radioactive isotopes and X-rays do. ^_^
TDD
On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:46:03 -0500, Frank

No, TDD is correct. The reason "Nuclear" was dropped was PC/PR.

What, no optional duck tape and WD40?
On 12/15/2013 6:52 PM, IGot2P wrote:

I'm waiting for it to go on sale at Harbor Freight.
Who wants a titanium can of WD?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Must be a government only supplier.

my thought exactly.

I'll bet all the metal parts are titanium...
hell I wouldn't sell you one of my toolboxes for that, it's taken me too long to build up a functional tool collection.
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel