3/4" sheetrock screws

Awl--

They indeed exist--in both coarse and fine thread. Very handy thing to have around. Their main use, fwiu, is so that the screw tip does not poke thru

3/4" wood, etc., as happens w/ 1" screws.

Very hard item to find, esp. the fine thread, but I am, after having searched high and low for nigh-on 10 years, picking up a few pounds from a very good hardware store in Mt Vernon, NY, which reluctantly ordered them for me, as now, the owner says, he will be "stuck" w/ the balance. :) He already carries the 3/4" course.

fwiw.

-- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

If you were a real man, you'd buy the whole box from the store. Then you would package them in boxes of 25 screws and sell them on Ebay as a BUY IT NOW for $5.99 and charge $24.99 shipping and handling. But I guess you're not a REAL MAN !!!

Reply to
noemail

Hilarious. :) And not far off base, re ebay. I hate ebay, altho I spose it does serve a purpose.

I may very well buy the whole box (25 bleeping pounds!!!). Proly my hardware guy will give them to me at near-cost, just to get rid of them--and me! Then, all my friends will come over and say, Gee, I never saw those, can I have ""a few""??

25 lbs will be gone in no time. :)

Just like how my friend-count >

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Must be on one of those little city lots... To gain friends, move someplace with a bit of landscaping and buy a small tractor with a bucket and a blade...

sdb

Reply to
sylvan butler

Picked up my 3/4" fine thread today. :)

But get this: This store also has *1 1/8"* sheetrock screws--in both coarse and fine!! Also has 2 1/4". He says this will be the last of the 1 1/8, as almost no one buys them!

This store, in Westchester, NY, is among the last of the old-style hardware stores (at least in these here parts) where a UPC code is actually hard to find! All the screws (sheetrock) are loose in 10,000 pc boxes, and you weigh'em out. All the screws are the same price per pound, up to 3".

Without too much exaggeration, Home Despot will put a single nut (etc) in a UPC'd sealed plastic baggy, and charge you 10x the price of a normal old-style hardware store.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

I hear ya. Last bulk pack store around here was Tractor Supply, and when they moved, even they went to baggies for part of the stuff. I'm too damn young to be an old fart about stuff like this, but I miss the wood-floor ma'n'pa hardware I used back in the days when I rode a bicycle to get there....

aem sends....

Reply to
ameijers

Hiphop, RealityTV, and UPC codes are the death knell of society as we knew it. Oh, and kids suing their parents. :)

Home Despot (and their ilk) are just salt in the wound. Yet Bob Nardelli (ceo of HD), declared on Charlie Rose that HD is pert near the savior of our society. And Charlie swallowed--so to speak.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Don't get me started on Bob Nardelli. He took a company that ws doing real good under Bernie and Arthur and the stock hasn't been the same.

He's a Jack Welch reject, don'tcha know?

Reply to
HeatMan