$3.249 Gal. For #2 Home Heating Oil

$3.25 gal. is higher than a gal. of premium gasoline ($3.17) today.

In 4/07, #2 oil was $2.55.

In 12/06, it was $2.44.

People will be dialing back this winter, and not because Green Al Gore toed them to.

Reply to
Jack

It's fun sending money to people who want to kill us.

JoeSpareBedroom

Certainly an ad for ground source heat pump, it would seem--or, the waste heat off a spent fuel pool would be another possible source if happened to be close by... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

If that fool is toeing people, he should be toed himself, right up the arse.

Reply to
Rod Speed

People used to burn home heating oil in their Diesel cars and trucks. Now it is the same or even more than Diesel at the pump- that has 40+ cents/gal tax on it. I switched to heat pumps from propane in 2000 and haven't regretted it. How much is your propane? I haven't checked here-- imagine it is over $2.00/gal. I still have the propane for the cooktop, and the furnaces which only fire up when the HP's go into defrost. Larry

Reply to
lp13-30

Today's wholesale spread is 32 cents, the NYMEX shows heating oil at $2.58 and gasoline at $2.26.

PECO natural gas rate as of Dec 1, 2007 is $1.28 CCF compared to $1.24 CCF Dec 1, 2006.

Reply to
catalpa

My state, Delaware, is fighting New Jersey to prevent them from putting a LNG depot on the Delaware river. It would provide enough gas for 14 million homes. They are also going to crucify us by putting in offshore windmills for green electricity.

Reply to
Frank

What do you pay for housing (I.e. cost of living)?

Hpw much wood is available? What's the cost? Does it make any sense?

Reply to
krw

so you're for limiting the expansion of storage for new sources of energy, and you're against new technology that is a source of cheap non polluting energy, and you are complaining about the high cost of energy, can you see what's wrong here? __________________________________________ Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reply to
jdoe

and how large is that check that alaska sends you every year from the proceeds of taxes alaska charges those bad oil companies? __________________________________________ Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reply to
jdoe

When I was in Italy earlier this year paid 1.10 Euro per liter for heating oil where I stayed. I paid 1.28 E per liter for gas, so with the exchange rate it worked out to $6.40 a gallon. A week ago in Amsterdam it was 1.70 and the Euro is now in the 1.49 range so it is closer to $10 a gallon.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Our propane (800 gallons) is contracted this year at $1.54/gal. Don't know what it currently is straight off the truck.

Don (SE Iowa)

Reply to
IGot2P

If I were made dictator, I'd force anyone in the us (outside of Alaska) to convert the oil heat to something else, like a geothermal heat pump.

Reply to
scott21230

But not really a fair comparison because they have significantly higher taxes on fuels than we do.

Reply to
George

on 11/30/2007 3:03 PM snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com said the following:

If I could afford the initial cost, I would have solar panels on my roof. Funny, how all the proponents of renewable energy, and who make millions of dollars per year, don't want to cheapen their mansions with solar panels, with the exception of Julia Roberts, who has all the panels and solar heaters. Does Al Gore walk the walk?

Reply to
willshak

True, but that is what they pay regardless of where the money goes. The cost of #2 heating oil is the same as diesel fuel so it in not uncommon to buy 5 gallons at a time from the local station rather than the 200 gallons we'd get delivered here.

Given the cost of fuel, the drop in value of the dollar, I'm abandoning my plans to go again in the spring. Airfare alone has increased by $500 per ticket. The same trip we did this year to next is about $2500 more for the two of us.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Methinks you miss the point. European countries without petroleum reserves long back decided to discourage consumption, and still do. Sure cuts down on the # of Escalades and Hummers, as opposed to back here in Detroit.

John

Reply to
John Barry

If I was dictator, I'd repeal a lot of useless regulations that stifle capitalism. Such as the restrictions on drilling in Alaska.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I heard on the radio yesterday that the higher cost of living in Florida is discouraging the snowbirds from bringing in their dollars. Nothing like higher taxes to kill an economy.

And with the economy sluggish, they will notice the loss of revenue, and increase taxes to make up for the lost revenue. Which was due to the higher taxes.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm OK with that, as long as one thing changes: If a company slobs up the place by breaking laws surrounding drilling, the CEO of the company is taken away in handcuffs immediately, just as if he'd shot a cop and it was recorded on videotape. No white collar treatment.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom