3-2 prong adapter vs New power outlet Help

I had a quick question for anyone who might be able to help. I currently live in a 50's converted house that is now an apartment complex. I recently bought a power backup for my computer and upon reading the manual saw that it says not to hook it up to a 3-to-2 prong adapter like this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuIdB01143&type=product&productCategoryId t08334&id77629420291
this is rather disheartening because that is all there is in my apartment. I was wondering what the dangers of doing so are because the unit says both the wiring and ground are good (it has self checks). Should I replace the outlet? if so with what?
Thanks,
Andrew
That would indicate it's grounded. There's probably no reason not to use the grounding adapter since you've verified you do have a ground