Subject Author Posted Replies

OT So many?
OT Why do they need so many printed forms for the census if it's going to be handled online? I don't really doubt that they need them, but i can't figure out why.
105
105

OT. Iacocca dead
Pintos go down in the Hall of Shame along with Corvairs but the Vega was no prize either. However the Pinto got the full treatment of Mark Dowie's breathless prose:
3
3

Are cemamic knives really sharp?
Google & read-up ... use a normal sharpening steel on a folded-steel knife. John T. Ceramic knife - Wikipedia Ceramic knives promise to continuesly be extremely sharp. Practice shows different and...
26
26

Re-cording bench grinder
I am replacing the switch to my 6 inch bench grinder. The wires going to the motor housing are both white. Green ground wire goes from cord to ground screw on the grinder housing. I did not write down...
6
6

Restore power to outlets on deck
Hi I am about to build a deck ground level. I need to replace the original wiring that the previous owner totally hashed up. He used direct burial. As I a m putting a deck over whether the run needs...
2
2

OT: Say what?
My husband is the same. If I really want to get through to him, I pitch my voice low. It doesn't need to be very loud for him to get the message. Cindy Hamilton
8
8

Replacing a shutoff valve
Hello all, I want to replace the shutoff valve to my home. The existing valve has threaded female ends as you can see on the photo here: How would I take the old valve out and then put the new valve...
38
38

Pool pump capacitor
On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 12:14:02 +0000, Red
1
1

Smart switches
Article here: <> These are the best smart light switches by Lutron Caséta, Geeni, Kasa, Wemo, Meross, and Leviton. They work with voice assistants like Google and Siri. These are the best smart light...

Rust cleaner effectiveness etc.
I used some Loctite Naval Jelly Rust dissolver on this lock. Totally useless as "teats on a whatever." What is effective? Would prefer something that cleans and reacts with the leftover rust after the...
7
7

It Isn't Friday Unless It's Florida Man Friday
"...If the defendant s**ts, you must acquit? Article:

Have I been pampering a weed?
I'd try uploading to google image and see if it puts you on the right path.
8
8

Need Threaded 3/8" to 1/4" Stem Reducer for Casters
IDK, I googled a bit and all I found were reducing bushings for pipe threads. Never saw one for bolt threads either.
11
11

Rockwell Router Manual
Someone gave me a Rockwell Commercial Duty Router Model 4676 Type 1 I can not find a manual for it. 6.5 amps 20,000 rpm There is some kind of adjustment screw near the power cord that I wanted to know...

[SOLVED] Getting wheels off bench grinders
I removed one wheel successfully, but can not remove the 2nd wheel off my grinder. How do I remove the thing? Thanks.
11
11