Subject Author Posted Replies

Refreezing steaks
I have a freezer that lost power and 6 ribeye steaks thawed. Can I refreeze them and if not why not? Thanx for a reply.
7
7

White cotton shop towel
I do not remember where I bought this, but I would like to buy something similar. It is about 14.5 x 16.5 inches and is made of plain white cotton. Replacement can be +/- a couple of inches of both...
5
5

Dry out pleated HEPA filter
I cleaned a pleated HEPA filter for my vacuum cleaner. I want to dry it out. I ran 70% IPA thru it to draw out the moisture, but it still has some residual moisture in it after 2 days. Any other ideas...
7
7

Lawn mower repair
I have a 22 inch recycler toro with briggs and Stratton engine. It was leaking oil. When i drained it it has aluminum shavings in it. But couldnt get around to fixing that so i fixed the leak put it...
5
5

Minimize effect of IR on security images
IR bulb separate from the camera and outside.
2
2

Does dish detergent kill germs on drinking cups?
In on Sun, 28 Jul 2019 08:09:22 -0400, Hawk wrote: I think it is.
13
13

pancreatic cancer and RBG
A while back there was a short discussion about Ruth Ginsberg retiring from the USSC while Stumpie was the so-called prez. I said, I hope not, but I too thought she's getting old and she's been sick...
3
3

Barn paint
The original reason for barn paint was because animals tend to chew on barn and fence woid. It did not have lead and the toxic chemicals regular paint does. And, yes, you will need to paint more...
5
5

wiper blades
How do you know a good wiper blade (or are they all the same?). Picked up three sets of wiper bladess recently which was harder than you'd think because prices for any one length were from $4 to $18...
32
32

OT: sweet solution to dual monitors
Hi All, Off topic and not political????? I must have a fever. I found a sweet solution to dual monitors: LG 34UM95 34" UltraWide Widescreen 21:9 Monitor price too: U$D I WANT ONE!!!!! No stupid...
3
3

OT Justice Department resumes capital punishment
U.S. Bureau of Prisons (BOP) staff will be busy in December and January Barr ordered the government to adopt a new method for executing prisoners, replacing its lethal cocktail with injections of a...
16
16

Swivel adaptor for screw bits
I am looking for a swivel adapter that will allow the turning of screws at an angle. Andy
11
11

credit card networks
I used to read that my debit cards would work at a machine with the Cirrus logo and iirc that logo was also on the card. It was on the card, right? And on the ATM also? But now no cirrus or star or...
8
8

J B Weld
Used it for the first time. I'll be darned, it worked. Shut off valve for 2nd floor water sprung a small leak. It's directly next to a truss and is useless as the handle cannot even be put on.
8
8