Subject Author Posted Replies

Why aren't toasters grounded?
You've never seen a toaster with a two prong cord? That's all they come with. Toasters don't require, or come with, a three prong plug because they're double insulated. Oh and it's impossible to get...
65
65

Demagnetize tool
I am trying to demagnetize this vise grips. I tried the method where you hit it with a hammer, but it does not work.
11
11

OT. Middle Class Living
The Wall Street Journal talks about the cost of living middle class. <> The vehicles we're driving nowadays are super fancy compared to what existed in the 1970s. People had cars, not SUVs and...
121
121

Can you really see these underwater mountains
Can you really see these underwater mountains from the sky, or is this enhanced? IOW, I guess you can see them but I'm surprised at that. is where that missionary got killed by the locals last fall.
1
1

AC outlets and breakers
Is there any way to check to see if two AC outlets are on the same breaker without flipping breakers on and off? Probably not but couldn't hurt to ask. TIA
10
10

Making a heated chair
Ed Pawlowski snipped-for-privacy@snet.xxx wrote Don’t get any audio and the picture quality is dreadful. I use a heated throw which is like an electric blanket used on the big armchair with stool...
7
7

OT auto booster seat
Just a heads up for the Grandparents - who, like me, can struggle with the big complicated child car seats and booster seats. Here'a a tiny travel booster that is dead-simple and meets all the safety...
4
4

Re: Stained linoleum floor
I have the same problem and would love to know what to do about it.
3
3

OT, iPhone Hack
<> worth a mention? SIX iPhone security flaws have been found by Google researchers – and Apple still hasn't fixed one of them. The holes in Apple's iOS software allow a hacker to take control of...

Handheld Propane Torch Cylinder Disposal
Part of the problem is on your end. I posted a reply within hours and I see it.
16
16

Brake pedal goes half way & stops w/no fluid to front
replaced brake lines on chevy pickup (w/abs).Blew out abs with air. Now the pedal goes half way and stops completely when I try to bleed the front and no fluid arrives at the front calipers. Confirmed...
3
3

OT How does GMaps know elevation?
... Though this condition is not exactly hard to fulfill with 31 functional GPS satellites orbiting the Earth right now, discrepancies crop up because the speed at which radio waves travel gets...
69
69

Re: Pella Window Problem
I have had an issue with wasps making nests in the frames from 1998- to today. Called Pella. The girl said she had never heard of the problem before! I find that really hard to believe as I have been...

Wall Panels durable for dogs
I have a 55 pound husky mix and we made our closet under the stairs his Room. The problem is he keeps searching the walls and some of the dry wall is coming off. What kind of wall panel can I put on...
5
5

Exhaust bin for bench grinder
I am looking for something to attach to the exhaust to catch the particles, especially the side with the grinding wheel. It making a big mess of particles. It was a "flea market special" I bought...
2
2