Subject Author Posted Replies

Screws behind Door Hinges
You can also glue toothpicks or other misc wood pieces shoved into the screw holes to tighten up the opening for a secure attachment. Screwing support screws behind the hinge is fairly common to avoid...
10
10

architectural cad for occasional use designing an addition or shed
is there any easy to use architectural cad for occasional use designing an addition or shed? stress is on the easy to use more than the depth of functionality. just want to design a shed & addition...
3
3

Rust resistant coating
If there is no existing rust, Rustoleum should be fine. If there is existing rust, Rustoleum and probably others have primer made for rusty areas, but it's far better to get it down to bare metal....
11
11

Just more examples of that disgusting profit killing regulation.
8. When in Doubt, Take the Investigator Hostage Allegation In July of 2017, an FDA investigator visited a facility in northeastern China where Zhejiang Bangli Medical Products manufactured lidocaine...

Dead critter found in sump pit
The remains of a long-dead lizard or salamander washed out of my sump drain and into the sump pit a few weeks ago and it just occurred to me that this should not have been possible. The sump drain...

Identify type of wood
Thanks rbowman. Andy
3
3

Find stud without stud finder
I tried a compass. It only responds to LARGE pieces of iron. Andy
23
23

Walk-out basement & woodworking
Damn this works well! I can wheel my saw outside and then afterwards just use my leaf blower to blow all the sawdust away! Much easier than messing around with dust collection vacuums. Of course this...

Building permit
I had purchased my home with a partially finished basement. Basement has a concrete block perimeter. I have already installed my sheathing panels and framed “a room” and main area already. I have...
34
34

Hardwood Install
Anybody know what the gun is called that installs hardwood flooring?
3
3

Need chain link fence advice..stretcher
Replacing old chain link fence only. Old posts remain. I have 36 inch high black coated aluminum fence. I bought new end bars and ties. Is there an easy, proven way to do this without a fence...
4
4

OT never ever throw anything away !
Today's trash is tomorrow's collectable ... John T. https://shackletons.hibid.com/lot/54609379/pez-dispensers/?cpage=6 https://shackletons.hibid.com/lot/54609379/pez-dispensers/?cpage=6...
1
1

Stealing Power
Generally the primary side of a residential transformer is at from 12kv to 25kv. I wouldn't advocate going anywhere near a 12kv conductor. Note that many arial primaries are uninsulated. Another...
7
7

in thailand it the same
in Thailand I was given industrial oxygen and I was told by the hospital staff it is the same as medical oxygen black bottle compared with green white top
3
3

Repair compressor leak (Frigidaire dehumidifier)
Hi! I have a Frigidaire dehumidifier (FAD704DWD, manufactured in 2013). A small amount of an oily substance (yellow/light brown in color) is leaking from underneath the unit. I haven't looked inside...
2
2