Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Power Inverter
If you don't draw more power from it, the "overhead" of the larger inverter is marginally more than a smaller one.
4
4

Homeadvisor and Angies list
A few years ago I used Home Advisor for a roof. Within a few hours I was contacted by 4 companies. We set up time and dates and all 4 showed up at their appointed time. I had quotes from about $ 8500...
6
6

OT credit card holds by rentacar companies
On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 07:48:30 -0400, micky wrote: I remember you asking part A, for sure
11
11

OT toughest 2 minutes ..
We were happy to be in attendance, in Oshawa Ontario, on Saturday, to witness this new world record : " The toughest 2 minutes in sports " is now approaching an incredible 1:10 ! John T.

Move deck
Are you a total idiot?
15
15

drill bit stuck in drill
I have a Hypertough brand hammer drill I have owned for the past three years. It has seen occasional use, and has done a great job, and not very expensive: after using it with a 1/4" bit to drill into...
7
7

small square with an arrow pointing to the upper right corner
On a webpage, what does a small square with an arrow pointing to the upper right corner mean? It's used on Google translate when one has entered a url instead of words. And a Maryland state url said...
5
5

Loose mortar, stones
Find some stones that are similar to the ones already used. Clean/hose out any dirt. You may need to put some backing in there, eg some Styrofoam to give it a back so the mortar won't fall out on the...
3
3

electric shortage and Acorn stairlift - what happens to stair lift when power is out
[snip] We had about a dozen short brownouts one day last month, where every 5 minutes or so voltage would drop to a little over 50V. The only damage I had was to a desktop computer (just the power...
28
28

electrical troubleshooting in doublewide
Start at the breaker and proceed down the line, follow where it goes, open any boxes along the way. The most likely source of a problem is where there is a connection, eg wire coming out of a...
4
4

15 vs. 20 Amp 3-Way Wall Switches
On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 13:00:15 -0500, Mark Lloyd wrote: You buy yourself a box of good "snap action " switches and sit down and try to get one into that ambigouous state. In about 2 years you MIGHT have...
49
49

Bluetooth. I am stumped
And has he tried getting the TV to work with the speakers via bluetooth without Alexa? IDK why Alexa needs to be involved. If you have external speakers, seems you'd want to get them to work with the...
5
5

Robot built house
<> The article places the house near Zurich despite what the link says. The DFAB House meets Switzerland's strict building safety codes. The DFAB House meets Switzerland's strict building safety...

Teaching kids the family business.
Democrat's version of "Take Your Kid To Work" day?
2
2

Motion lights outside fault
Yah, CFLs and LEDs for various reasons don't work well in some "smart" devices. For example, I've got a garage door opener that wouldn't operate via the remote when the LED bulbs are lit.  Not a big...
8
8