Subject Author Posted Replies

Old Genie pro 88 no sensors
The garage door opens fine sometimes it will not close if I loosen the capacitor and retighten it it will work but not for long but the capacitor has no balls and no signs of leaking I disconnected...

chair leans too far back
Metal vintage chairs that lean way too far back. Is there some way too reinforce them? HomeOwnersHub HomeOwnersHub HomeOwnersHub HomeOwnersHub HomeOwnersHub
3
3

LED Dimmers
I can only say that I have several Leviton dimmers running a variety of brands of LED lights and they work well with all of them. I've never tried Lutron.
4
4

Electric code
We did similar when our water heater went. It was a bitch getting the old one up the stairs, because we have no floor drain and couldn't get the last of the water out. IIRC the effort involved making...
40
40

OT ? truck electrical problem
On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 07:56:02 -0500, Terry Coombs
10
10

OT: What Really Brought Down the Boeing 737 Max?
On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 15:15:51 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 snipped-for-privacy@Old pilots have been pointing out for years, actually flying a plane is a skill that is not really being learned by today's...
46
46

OT. Medicare ?
Not really. It was a blood thinner, Lovenox, that was injected, two shots a day at $50 a pop. I had a pulmonary embolism which would not resolve with Coumadin so they put me on Lovenox to no avail. I...
118
118

Pence on Mackinac (2023 Update)
He should take a heavy armored bicycle. While I am a Republican and support Trump, I still think if there is a no cars rule for the public, then the VP or anyone else should either observe that rule...
24
24

Need to order one long replacement beam for deck, who delivers?
Hi, I need to replace one rotten wooden beam on my outdoor deck. The Beams are 1-1/5, by 5-1/5 by length that is much longer than my car. There is a lowes and home depot in my town but I prefer to...
9
9

Part for Lakewood Kool Operator floor fan
Need feet for Lakewood Operator Fan. Help. Who to contact to order. This is a floor fan. https://www.homeownershub.com/img/ithttps://www.homeownershub.com/img/iu...

alternatives to roof gutter on a shed?
Hi, Just built a 9x16 shed, raised up 12" on sonotube foundations at the corners and middle. I'm hoping to avoid adding a rain gutter because I hate cleaning the leaves out of it. Neighbors suggested:...
4
4

seal wood
I have a staircase which is under direct sun light (through glass window). After 20 years, the top coat is gone. Usually, when finishing wood, one would applied a coat of sealer to seal pores on the...
1
1

Flourescent bulb whines
I have a Sylvania 75w CFL fluorescent bulb that makes a high-pitched whine when it is on. I could understand a 60hz or even 120hz hum, but what could possibly make a high-pitched whine? Otherwise it...
8
8

Maytag gas range problem
You should have hit SEND right after your first sentence ;-)
10
10

Alternative to Vinyl Downspout Extentions
IDK, what vinyl product you're using. I have both the 4" corrugated round flexible black pipe as well as some smaller green flexible ones that have a rectangle end that fits the downspouts. Used both,...
8
8