Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Boeing partners with Porsche on electric flying car
(Reuters) - U.S. planemaker Boeing Co said on Thursday it was working with Volkswagen’s ( sports car brand, Porsche, to develop a concept electric flying vehicle capable of transporting people in...

Anyone figure out how to block robocalls?
On a landline. Most Google responses were for a cell phone. Making it more difficult, I have answering machines in my home and adjacent office so would need two of the devices or whatever. My...
25
25

Battery Derangement
Stolen from another newsgroup For those who think that EV's will "save" the "environment": Derangement Electric vehicles won’t save the planet and won’t survive without subsidies. Mark P. Mills...
80
80

Washing machine repair and cleaning
Have been replacing the bearings on a Cabrio washer and am fairly creeped out by the slime coating, particularly on the outside surface of the drum. Is there any known way to prevent this slime...
3
3

OT: uneven cooking in microwaves
When will we invent a microwave oven that cooks evenly? There must be some way to install reflectors around the cooking area to randomise the waves.
160
160

Mixing Timbor and antifreeze as DIY Boracare (2023 Update)
I have a fairly serious dry rot problem in a plywood floor over a crawlspace. i have dug out all the rot i can find and replaced the bad wood. Then i looked for a treatment to keep the rot from coming...
7
7

Installing central air in older house, where to start?
Hi, I am going to install central air in an old house, and I want to do as much as possible myself. The house does not have existing ductwork, it has baseboard heaters. It is a ranch with a basement...
7
7

Granite Countertop Negatives
I never had water pooling around the faucet unless a washer was worn. Fix the faucet. On my sink the faucet handle is over the sink, plus I shake the excess off my hands. Even that bathroom I never...
2
2

only a single key and remote for my Ford Taurus??
Check your local Ace Hardware. The one in my hometown makes and programs keys.
14
14

Re: Cat pee on Carpet
I'm sorry for bumping this old thread, but I really feel like I have some advice to offer you - and you seemed to really need it at the time..... One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to...
1
1

Re: Removing cat pee odor in soil
I'm sorry for bumping this old thread, but I really feel like I have some advice to offer you - and you seemed to really need it at the time One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to...

Re: House Reeks of Cat Urine