240V 4800W 30A thermostat available?

Hi folks,

I'm going to use a 240V 30A 4800W construction heater to heat my garage. I'm looking for a thermostat for it.

A Honeywell response to a query was: "Honeywell does not currently offer a manual or digital thermostat that is compatible with 4800 W

30A 240 V".

The Dimplex website indicates their 900 series; for example, the TD932 are rated at 240V 5000W for non-inductive (?) use. Would this work?

Any recommendations for a 4800W capable manual or digital thermostat would be appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
G Mulcaster

I added them to my baseboard heater a few years ago, 20a/240v. Can't tell you what they were, but they were not expensive or hard to find.

Reply to
Toller

I'm pretty sure your generic line voltage double pole heating thermostat is good for 22 amps. If you needed more you could rig a low voltage thermostat to an electric heat relay

Reply to
RBM

Get a cheap thermostat to control a 30A contactor relay designed with a

24vac transformer already mounted inside the box, or purchased separately.
Reply to
Rick

Thanks to all for the replies. Sounds like the relay system is the way to go.

Regards, Gary

Reply to
G Mulcaster