240 volt compressor

William Blake Baron

------------------------------------- Hi. I have a campbell hausfield 240 volt compressor extreme duty. I have moved to a place that does not have 240 volts in its shop. Can I rewire the motor to run on 110 volts or do I have to buy a 110 volt motor. Its model is LVT619504AJ 60 gallon. The motor is 240 volts HZ60 340 rpm PH1

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 350400 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
pbblake

[...]

we can't see the motor from here, could you hold it a bit to the left and up some?

geez, what does it say on the motor or in your manual?

Reply to
charlie

When you contacted the manufacturer, what did they say about this issue?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The motor should say 120/240 V 60Hz 3450 RPM 1 Ph if capable of 120 V operation. Dual current ratings will also be listed, like 13 A/6.5 A. Lacking these specs, you need to shop for a new dual voltage motor. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Too funny, what are you saying, your psychic abilities getting rusty?

Reply to
RBM

Do you have access to the breaker panel? Seems easier to just add a

220v outlet.
Reply to
RickH

Move the light a bit, the serial number plate is in the shade.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Since he's got a 240 volt motor, he could buy a 120 volt motor, and have one of each.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've wired in enough 240 volt outlets in my life. That could very possibly be easier.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi, I have same model compressor. It has a dual voltage motor. Maybe yor stoo. You have to rewire the motor wires on the terminal block.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

If the OP has to ask (can't read the motor plate etc.) They either shouldn't be at it. Or it's a spammer trying to get attention for a particular product. If the latter it's not very impressive; and probably does more 'to turn anybody off' using that item or that motor. Have to agree adding a 230 volt outlet is often pretty simple. Son and I have both 115 and 230 on at least two of our work benches. And why the need to post something 3 times; that's discourteous to say the least! Just ignore; the OP hasn't even responded or commented on the replies; let alone said 'Thank You'!

Reply to
stan