240 to 110 v

I have recently bought a few golf carts from the state`s I need to adapt the chargers to 110v(120)v from a 240 v AC output (standard power in SA) Any Ideas Potentiometer Bridge? need 10Amps to 15 Amps at 110 t0 120 volt AC

Reply to
Corne

If I read you correctly, you have 240VAC mains and want to power the

120VAC charger and need 10-15 amps.

You need a 2KVA (kilo volt amps) 240 V to 120 V step down transformer.

See for example 7029K45 at

If you can live with 10 amps, you can get by with a 1.5 KVA.

HTH,

Paul F.

Reply to
Paul Franklin

Let me add, it may be better to just provide the correct voltage by adding a circuit or two.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Corne,

Sorry, no quick fix. You have a charger circuit that requires 240 v AC. You have 120 v AC. you will need to make or buy a charger that takes 120v AC and puts out the appropriate DC voltage, which you haven't given us. Asuuming that the DC voltage is around 12 v. many auto stores will have a charger for sale. This should be cheap. If you need a weird charging voltage then you'll need to transform the 120 v Ac to 240 v AC. This is doable but not cheap. Are you sure that 240 v AC is not available. My home has both. This is not uncommon.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

As I read your post, you are in South America, where the power is 240. And the golf cart is from US, and is equipped with 110 vac input for the charger.

Only thing I can figure is to use a step down transformer. I'm not familiar with the power wiring there, but maybe an electrican there is familiar with USA wiring, and can make it happen some how.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

On Dec 31, 8:22=EF=BF=BDam, "David L. Martel" wrote= :

quires 240 v AC.

oable but

s both. This is

confirm the batteries are in good shape before spending a ton on conversions.

try calling whoever made the carts there MIGHT be a switch somewhere that automatically changes it:) thats cause so much is sold internationally these days, thew cart manufacturer may have wanted both markets and built the ability into things.

lots of stuff is like that today..........

Reply to
hallerb

in the US 240 can easily produce 120 volts if the carts say 110 vlots they are likely older. a step down transformer is the likely easiest fix, i have used them in the US for special service needs.

the cart manufacturer may have a adapter designed just for this situation

Reply to
hallerb

Read the original post. He is in South Africa. The additional circuits would still be 240 volts.

-- Tom Horne

Reply to
Tom Horne

I'm just curious, in countries where 240V is standard, is the service typically similar to that in the US where you have two conductors with

120VAC relative to ground, 180 out of phase, or is there simply one 240VAC conductor?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I should have noticed the e-mail address.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan