Subject Author Posted Replies

Wired smoke alarm battery?
Was checking my smoke alarm batteries and noticed that they were all measuring above 10V! I am now thinking that wired smoke alarms apparently trickle-charge the batteries? Thus you should use only...

Carb on Tecumseh engine leaking gas
I have a 5 hp tecumseh snowblower. Whenever I tilt it back fuel leaks out of the top of the bowl. Last year I took the carb apart and cleaned it. The gasket seemed fine to me so put it back and the...
3
3

Does steering lock up with faulty pump?
Another PIpple's Court question: Plaintiff says when he drove, the steering would lock up. One time he used the word froze. Turned out he needed a pump. He didnt' say what car he drove, but are...
4
4

Re: Anderson Windows Storm windows?
WE purchased Andersen double hung, double pane windows for our house. We also purchased the Andersen storm window combination that is mounted in the windows,rather than on the house. This made our...

Roll roofing rip off
I’m having a rubber roof torch down being put on and I caught the guy only torching the seams, about 5”, how can he fix the areas he already poorly did. How bad is this only having the seams...
3
3

Does anyone really need to be a billionaire?
Does anybody need anything but food, clothing and shelter? Although I'm not as fond of billionaires as T, I recognize that they provide a lot of economic benefit. I suspect they still would provide a...
111
111

Gasoline is back!
Why washing machines? I've got a relatively new (2013) washer that works just fine and wasn't much more expensive than the one I bought in 1989. Cindy Hamilton
61
61

Dryer exhaust filtering
 Out here in the woods we heat with ... wait for it ... wood . It's a dry heat ... and while we don't often use the electric dryer , when we do I'd kinda like to keep that heat and moisture in the...
16
16

Roof 'flashing' was never installed, should the whole roof be replaced?
Hello, my house was built in the 80s and is located in the NE United States. I recently had a handyman in to do some work outside replacing some rotten wood and he said it looks like some corners were...
10
10

Wifi garage door add-on recommendations?
This is just scary. People are getting to the point that if they lose their phone, they are powerless and the person who has it is omnipotent. Any single point failure that can destroy or even...
17
17

I looked hard. Kitchen vent cover
Vent needs closure in winter sub zero. Point me.
2
2

How to seam the ends of new asphalt driveway
Hello everyone. Today I am having my asphalt guy come back to pack down and add a new layer of asphalt to the existing driveway he did about 6 months ago. Long story short. He did a poor job and I...
3
3

Nylon gear adhesive
What adhesive to repair nylon halved pencil sharpener gear? it fails, what online pencil sharpener do you recommend? Totally free image hosting service for forums, websites, auctions, and more Totally...
12
12

Clearing the view before driving
I'm thinking I may need new wiper blades. They did not seem to give a clear view of the road this morning.
5
5

Any tricks for safe cleaning of slightly soiled (minor stains) mattress?
Any tricks for safe cleaning of slightly soiled (minor stains) mattress? Child went off to college, and we finally cleaned his room. The mattress has some strange yellow areas and a few blood spots....
5
5