Subject Author Posted Replies

House in the country, $12 million
Actually a Nebraska Sandhills ranch: <> It has a runway and nosy neighbors probably aren't a problem. At least, there won't be anybody watching your every move from their front porch.

OT.. Think You're Smart?
A nine year old is about to get his bachelor's degree. <> A child prodigy from Belgium is on course to gain a bachelor’s degree at the tender age of 9. A child prodigy from Belgium is on course...
4
4

fast, cheap way to retain heat in one room?
If you were doing zonal, portable heating of one room in the house, and you wanted to better retain the heat produced from a small, portable electric heater, what could you do to the room?
4
4

OT is my non-financial name worth listing.
OT It turns out I've been impacted by the Equifax hacking of names etc. and they're offering 4 years of free credit monitoring. The form asks for my name, of course, and "Alternative name(s) (if...
1
1

OT Verizon digital assistant
Verizon Your chat with a virtual agent has connected. Today [Last week], 10:38 PM Avatar Image Hey there, I'm your Verizon digital assistant. In a few brief words, let me know how I can help. If I...

OT Medicare ADVANTAGE plans
I thought I'd point out that the commericials over the last month for Medicare Supplemental were afaict only for Medicare ADVANTAGE plans Mostly UHC, a couple for Johns Hopkins, and one for Humana. I...
34
34

Water Bill
I live in a small townhouse community in suburban Baltimore. We buy our water from Baltimore. You may have heard that Baltimore City got ransomware and they decided not to pay. They've gotten almost...
107
107

Why are extension cords hard to use?
Have you noticed that extension cords are much harder to use than 30 years ago. It used to be easy to plug something in and pull it out of the triple end, but now it's hard. How come. It's also hard...
52
52

Ibought a wall elec fireplace.
On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 14:47:59 -0800 (PST), Thomas wrote: That probably should be on a dedicated circuit and if you are doing that you could put the receptacle behind the fireplace as long as it can be...
4
4

OT: taking messages?
Should have been "text them"
17
17

OT stupidest demo ever
... someone please show this idiot how a snow brush works so much faster . . duh ! ... there isn't any frost or ice at all under the light fluffy snow that he is so slowly removing . . a snow brush...
6
6

Corrosion on hot water heater pipes
Is this hot water heater pipe corrosion normal? (1) Needs to be connected by a nipple, only brass available (2) Will the new brass nipple corrode just like the old did? (3) Hot water outlet nipple...
1
1

Free Food for Vets
The local tv station said Texas Roadhouse has free food for vets today. Bring proof of service. No idea if it's local or nationwide.
1
1

Central heating query
It's possible it has nothing to do with your son playing with the remote. If you take the batteries out of it, push the buttons a few times, then leave it without batteries for an hour or so, that...
7
7

Firestorm FS1800D Drill. Chuck Retaining Clip
I have a Black and Decker Firestorm FS1800D Chuckless Drill. I must have lost the retaining clip because the chuck began to slip. I looked at an exploded schematic online and realized that I was...