Subject Author Posted Replies

Can someone help?
Sucks really good!
1

Led on but switch off
Just put in a new led ceiling light in bedroom, 3 wires, the third capped and taped. The leds glow with the wall switched off. How is that posible? Installed with breaker off, hand twisted nuts and...
83
83

Electric bikes
Cindy Hamilton wrote in news: Do you punch in before or after you log in to goggle groups?
8
8

Re: Excuse of the day calendar: Third-party tvs are not supported
You seem very unhappy.  Maybe you can get a D-wreckTV and Pew-verse bundle from Comcast's competitor?
2
2

Painting over wallpaper
My 40 plus years in the painting, drywall and all kinds of challenging home repairs have always led to solutions that may not appear on a product label. Painting over a wallpapered surface can be a...
1
1

What is the bar code on us post office mail sent to me and thown in the trash?
It is a 65 bar barcode used for sorting. The mailer gets a discount if they print it one the envelope. It is for automation. Want to know what is in your mail before it is delivered? Sign up for...
22
22

OT barn finds anyone ?
I've quite enjoyed my visits to Ontario (fishing, camping and business in Toronto and Ottawa - nice places, both).
10
10

OT: properly pack large fragile item for shipment??
Not really a repair question, but I see other OT stuff sometimes plus wasn't sure where to turn. I have a 16" diameter Luminglas disc that I have sold someone and need to pack, but I'm not sure how....
5
5

OT: Do Car Wheel Alignment Specs Vary By Trim Line Within Make and Model?
I took my car in for a wheel alignment and told them them the year, make, model and trim line. When I checked the paperwork later, I noticed that they listed the trim line wrong-- one lower than what...
11
11

folllowing someone on Twitter
If you follow someone on Twitter, do they send you an email when he posts something??? If not, what is the difference between following and not following??? I think Bolton might be the John Dean of...
5
5

fragrance rip off or not
I was looking to get some Chanel no5 perfume for my wife for Christmas. I noticed that some sellers have it for around $ 30 and some for around $ 130 for the same size. I know it costs about $ 130 in...
17
17

anyone know of an auto-variable output sump pump arrangement?
Eyup, that's one of the methods I was considering... But again, was thinking this is such a common situation someone, somewhere, must be offering a ready made solution.. Thanks
4
4

The fax Ma'am, just the fax.
The following happens to me about once a month: 1) Someone attempts to phone me. However, I cannot hear the caller; simultaneously the caller cannot hear me. After a few seconds of this, both of us...
41
41