220V dryer sparked on startup (3 wire) What to test?

Page 16 of 16
On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 21:42:54 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

There is a bolt for an external ground here:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5474/10879027305_17cb94ac7e_o.gif
On 11/15/2013 10:06 PM, Danny D'Amico wrote:

It may or may not be to code, but I'd sure want to put an external ground on my drier, if it sparked.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/14/2013 8:29 PM, Danny D'Amico wrote:

wire dryer connection has two hots and a ground. No neutral. And, you'd never deliberately connect a neutral to the frame or case.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 16:47:47 -0500, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Just to confirm, there is a breaker in the laundry room and it has not tripped.
So, whatever it is, it isn't pulling enough current for a long enough time to overheat the breaker switch.