220 VAC A/C condenser fan motor at 120 VAC

I have just wired up a used A/C 1/4 hp condenser motor with 110 VAC.
It starts up easily and runs quietly.
I am using it to blow the air from one side of a duplex attic into the other side, thereby cooling both attics.
The motor was designed for vertical shaft installation and I am using it horizontally.
Is there any danger in running it at 1/2 the voltage and in the horizontal orientation?
Thanks
I dont see how its possible to run a 220v motor on 110v Is it possible the motor has the ability to run on either voltage. ?
I wouldnt think it would matter how it was mounted.
On 7 Oct 2006 16:01:07 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aaronj.com wrote:

I ran a ceiling fan mounted horizontally in the attic for roughly 10 years in my last house, it was still working OK when I moved.
You can run the fan on 110V, but if the motor is designed for 220V, you'll only feed it half the peaks it needs and will run hot, which may result in burning it out sooner due to the additional current needed, or even catch on fire.
When motors are designed for a vertical shaft installation, the bearings are designed with low bearing load in mind. So they typically put the cheap-a$$ bearing they can get away with. When you go horz, now there is excess load on the cheap bearings, which may cause the bearings to wear out sooner.
I wouldn't risk it. If you house burns down, then you'd say: I should have spent $50 on a 110 motor
good luck