Subject Author Posted Replies

Need shower knob and flange replacement
Changing from gold to oil rubbed bronze in my bathroom. Everything is done or at least on the way. I cannot locate anything compatible with what is there. I installed it years ago but do not recall...
16
16

O: Aluminum Foil
Why is aluminum foil shiny on one side and dull on the other. And does it matter which side goes toward the food you're wrapping or lining a pan you're groiling in?
10
10

How much electricity for a block party?
How much roughly** would electricity cost for a block party. I'm thinking music amplifiers for 5 or 6 hours. Is there anything else I'm forgetting. (Any food-related stuff would be from food-trucks...
7
7

phone extensions
using broadband at the master socket I get 32mbps; at the extension I get 35mbps; why not just use the extension
2
2

Granger & McMaster
Do they still print catlogs? Are there at least PDF versions instead of web sites?
2
2

House Downsizing
Builders are building smaller houses that people might be able to afford. I like the comments from people who grew up in the 50s and 60s who lived in smaller places. <> The pictures in the article...
36
36

OT. Dodger Stadium Flooded
It's on the list of things Hurricane Hillary messed up. The Burning Man Festival is mentioned also. There's a lot of work for construction worker provided they jump through whatever hoops the state...
3
3

Woke electric vehicles BREAK records ! !
"Americans bought a record 295,255 battery-electric vehicles during the period, according to Cox Automotive's second-quarter electric-vehicle summary. That marks a roughly 14% increase from the 2023...
86
86

Miracle House?
One house survived the fire on Maui in relatively good shape. <> From the article: "But the couple did recently replace the asphalt roof with a heavy-gauge metal one, and cut down on foliage...
1
1

chain saw sharpning
If cutting almost continiousy how long should a chain saw chain last before it needs sharpning when sawing soft wood like pine trees ? I know that is a difficult question, but Maybe in time or tanks...
12
12

Just a rerport about my internet connection
Just a rerport about my internet connection. Win10 on an Acer laptop several years old. Win10 readers may remember a year ago when I complained that the wifi connection to my laptop kept breaking....
17
17

OT. Concrete & Driverless Car
Technology still has a ways to go. A driverless car drove into freshly poured concrete. <> A Cruise vehicle got stuck in wet concrete while driving around in San Francisco’s... A Cruise vehicle got...
5
5

BackUp camera monitor.
My 2022 Dodge RAM has a backup camera that shows what is behind the truck when I shift into reverse. If I wanted to upsize the monitor, can I just unhook the video cable from the radio and plug it...
13
13

Indoor TV Antennas
Consumer Reports has some advice. March 2023 <> https://www.consumerreports.org/electronics-computers/tv-antennas/how-to-get-better-indoor-tv-antenna-reception-a3935217766/...
3
3

OT. EV Blanket
Scientists have developed a shroud for vehicles that is supposed to extend battery life. It might well work but it looks like it would be a nuisance to use. We throw a plastic tarp over our little...
2
2