22 nailer

What is a brand name of a 22 nailer that will drive fasteners into concrete?
Can you buy them at Lowes or Home Depot?

I forget.

Out local hardware store has them, about $30
Great answer...." I forget". Then why the hell did you respond? DOH!

Ramset is the name by the way.

There are several.

Yes.
On 12/8/2004 6:11 AM US(ET), Evon took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

sell Remingtons, though.
Evon wrote:

Try renting it, unless you've got more than a couple of hours of need.
--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price
Grandpa Koca wrote:

You can buy one for what you can rent one for...
The two most common are
Remington (far as a I know these are all Lowes/Home Depot/etc. sell) These work, I have one, but what I'd consider professional models aren't available. Fasteners for them are somewhat limited relative to...
Hilti (you'll need a real distributor for them). Every conceivable fastener available. Much more expensive but made for the professional.
On 12/16/2004 9:58 PM US(ET), Duane Bozarth took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

http://tinyurl.com/4nvoc
willshak wrote:

I've never seen Hilti at Home Depot...but we don't have one locally so I don't get there very often...
On 12/17/2004 7:19 AM US(ET), willshak took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

I just realized that my tinyurl.com link above didn't work. Try this: http://www.homedepot.com Enter hilti in the 'Keyword or Item#' search box at the top.
Here's an example http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item858636630&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

hammer and the "trigger" type. This two are meant for low to moderate use. If you intend to put this thing through some real work I recommend you invest in the Hilti brand powder actuated nailer. http://www.hilti.com
Rich http://www.garage-door-parts.us
On 12/8/2004 11:19 AM US(ET), Rich took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Remington 476 with a starting bid of $5.99. Two days into a 5 day listing with no bids. Includes some power loads. http://tinyurl.com/6lsrs

http://www.us.hilti.com/holus/modules/prcat/prca_navigation.jsp?OID=-11804
I have had both Remingtons (sold at Home Depot and Lowes). Spend the extra 10 bucks and get the trigger model. The hammer one is a pain in the ass to use. Also spend some money for decent ear and eye protection. These sombitches are real loud inside and they will chip out a chunk of concrete occasionally. They do a very good job on poured concrete (a pin is almost impossible to pull out) but your mileage will vary when used in concrete block. Sometimes you will hit a soft spot and they just powder the block. Tapcons work better in block.
Greg wrote:

I got rid of mine, (pistol style) and went back to a masonry bit and lags. Seemed more often than not the .22 either blew out a chunk when it hit a bit of aggregate, or didn't set deep enough requiring a second charge which then either blew out a chunk or sometimes worked as intended. Not consistent enough to warrant further attempts.

That could be a regional problem. If you live somewhere that uses granite chips or some other super stone aggregate I can see that as a problem. Here in Florida the course aggregate is usually coral rock. The pins will set in that.