21 Things a Burglar Won't Tell You

"Robert L Bass" wrote in news:AZudna8w77zLZTrXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Funny how OBAMA has decided he's going to KEEP the Patriot Act. I guess it can't be all that bad after all...

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Granted, but it seems there was no domestic terrorism charge.

I don't know who you are so that's no proof.

Doug's participation in a thread usually signals a decline in the discussion. I looked it up, too, and found that while the story was based on fact, the "domestic terrorism" part was not. I assume that was how you heard it -- no implication was intended that you misled us. I hope it didn't seem as though I thought that.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

More likely someone from Bush's office called and said, "Let's go after these kids." In any case, 30 months for arson and grand larceny isn't all that much. I know of someone who nearly got five years for pointing and not firing a gun at some guy who tried to run him off the road because the "victim" was a friend of the local DA.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Hahahahahaha... Good one :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

All you wingnuts on both sides keep blaming POTUS for things he has very little direct control over. Taxes, Deficit, stupid laws of questionable constitutionality, etc. Blame the 535 fools on the hill, for that is where the power lies. POTUS only gets away with stupid stuff they write laws authorizing, and appropriate money for. Get them some balls and a brain, and if they roll over for the party and the special interests, vote their sorry asses out. As ineffective as most of them are, the reelection rate for them is shockingly high. In a real world job, if you did that bad, you wouldn't get 2 years or 6, you'd be out in six months, tops.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

But pepper spray can be washed off and leave no permanent damage to the perp. A bullet can give lead poisoning and cause serious illness over time.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The DVR is creating video files. I have never used an IP camera with its own DVR.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

aemeijers wrote in news:DKKdnSD5R- dBwTXXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Nonsense; POTUS can veto or pocket-veto any bill passed by Congress,and then Congress must either override his veto(requiring a supermajority) or the bill is dead.Then they would have to write and pass a NEW bill,perhaps more to POTUS's liking,or drop the idea.

POTUS can also make requests of Congress,that they include or remove language POTUS doesn't like,before they vote on the bill. POTUS can also ask that some Congress-person propose a bill.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:R9mdnUYTLNMDwDXXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Yes,and a perp who has a bullet in him must go to a doctor or hospital emergency room to get treatment,and such bullet wounds MUST be reported by law;so the perp ends up getting caught by police.

BUT,generally once the gun comes out,the perp(s) decides to turn and flee,so there's no need to shoot,and it's a crime to actually shoot a fleeing person,as they no longer are a threat.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Reply to
HeyBub

Generally, the executive branch develops proposed legislation dealing with the workings of government (i.e., Patriot Act) and gets a friendly member of Congress to introduce it. This makes sense in that the executive branch is the expert in the inner machinations of government.

Conversely, lobbyists propose legislation dealing with non-governmental activities (i.e., tariffs on the importation of hydrogenated yak-fat) and get a friendly member to introduce it. This, too, makes sense because industry, unions, interest groups, etc. know more about the activity under consideration than either the executive branch or the Congress.

Implicit in these two vectors is the simple truth that the Congress is the expert in exactly nothing.

Reply to
HeyBub

My housemate insists on leaving his window open about 8" because I have a pair of stops installed on each side, so window can't be opened further -- in theory.

I don't know what the big deal is about closing window when he's at work, but hesitate to keep pounding at the issue, though I am nervous.

I think I will share with him the item above about making a noise and pausing for a reaction -- which burglar of course wouldn't get when neither of us is at home.

If the burglar doesn't get a reaction, he could just use the classic glass cutter, pry out the window stops, and away we go. Housemate would get robbed -- BUT SO WOULD I !!!!

This is supposed to be a nice quiet neighborhood -- but my next-door neighbor was recently broken into, apparently without objection on the part of their dogs!

Your comments?

Reply to
Higgs Boson