2014 predictions

Price of nails will go up 24% during the year Harbor Freight will continue to run sales and print coupons for tools Depot Casa para hablamo espanol, competano por esta Lowes Independant studies will show that air compressors used by contractors are over rated, and do not deliver the SCFM they claim Building materials from China and Japan will be found to be contaminated Contractors will continue to drink coffee on the job Scams will abound, as contractors try to scare HO into replacing furnace and AC Spare tires will shrink or disappear in vehicle models Anderson Power Pole will continue to recommend crimps WD-40 will prove to be a marketing hoax, and is not a lubricant, nor a water displacer Kwikset will introduce "bump key" proof technology, and will regain the market of residential locks Fracking and other development of natural gas will cause the market to go toward natural gas heating appliances Federal regulations on emissions of wood stoves will cripple the wood stove and fireplace industry People will continue to post to AHR and ask about thermostat wiring Posters will continue the debate about AWG 14 wire on a 20 amp breaker Trolls will continue to be active on the list. Duck Dynasty will market a line of tools. Saws that "cut straight" and advising buyers to avoid the brands that won't get into Heaven. Be ye not deceived.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/01/2014 08:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

<snip>
Just a few hours into the new year and 90% of your predictions came true already!
On 1/1/2014 9:28 AM, philo wrote:

Sigh. I guess this was the one for the year that I got right? We now return you to your abnormal programming.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/01/2014 08:38 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

All kidding aside though, I still use WD-40 and I bet everyone here does too.
If it does turn out to be a scam, all they have to do is re-label it as WD-41 and call it "new and improved".

Main use I find for WD-40 is as solvent for mild adhesives, e.g. removing labels, stickers, etc.
On 01/01/2014 11:14 AM, Lab Lover wrote:

yep, it comes in handy for a lot of things
also, there is a rumor that it's fish oil...but according to a Google search I did that is just an urban legend.
On 1/1/2014 12:14 PM, Lab Lover wrote:

A couple friends of mine, one of their kids put a sticker inside drivers side window, placed "just right" to be irritating. They had tried various cleaners. What worked was WD, finger nails, and paper napkin.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/1/2014 12:04 PM, philo wrote:

I use it a couple times a week, for various needs. I like the ones with the "smart straw", cuts down on hands and knees time looking for the LRT.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Are you trying to say...
Home Depot para hablar espanol, compete con Lowes?
(Home Depot in order to speak Spanish, it competes with Lowes)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 1/1/2014 3:38 PM, dadiOH wrote:

--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/01/2014 04:53 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[snip]

The Lowe's here has some signs in FIVE languages: English, Spanish, French (and I think) Chinese and Russian.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
On 1/1/2014 7:02 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I'm reminded of the song of Wernher Von Braun. Who is learning Chinese.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5JmDNpjKYc

--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/01/2014 06:09 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Thanks for the link...an excellent satire!
On 1/2/2014 1:57 PM, philo wrote:

You're welcome. I don't remember when he sang that, but it was maybe 1970s. Good humor is relevant, decades later. Lehrer sang more than a couple songs, and most of them still relevant.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

you forgot that krwless will continue to demonstrate how intolerant fundies are

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 13:05:58 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Nah, but it's a given that you will continue to lie, as you always do. Pathological liars (leftists) are incapable of anything else.