200 A main disconnect size

In my continuing effort to get my standby generator installed i've pulled my permits and received approval from my power co-op. But..... the co-op is requiring me to remove the existing 200 amp main breaker and replace it with a fuse style disconnect. They want a visible break they can lock off if necessary. I have been looking for a new 200a fusible switch suitable for main disconnect service that will fit into the same space the breaker now occupies 24" vertical. Every thing I am finding is 29" this will interfere with the transfer switch mounting. So does anyone know of a switch that is 24" tall (NEMA 3R). Dave

Reply to
Dave Morrison

From what info I have, Cutler Hammer's line of disconnects comes the closest. The height is at 25-½" Not exactly what you are looking for, but better than 29". It is suitable for service entrance, the cartridge fuse is available in 30 - 600A.

M.