Subject Author Posted Replies

mail tracking
I bought a computer off ebay and it is being sent by the US mail. Look at the tracking and try to explain this tracking. Especially how it could get from North Carolina back to Texas in about an hour...
20
20

OT. Solar Eclipse on 10/14/23
<> NASA has released a new map showing the paths of the 2023 and 2024 solar eclipses in the United States. NASA has released a new map showing the paths of the 2023 and 2024 solar eclipses in the...
16
16

F96
F96 light is on. Lock is in lock position with door open
1
1

OT The sad story of the Wabash and Erie Canal
The wabash and Erie Canal connected Lake Erie with the Wabash River in Indiana. It was about 450 miles long, the longest canal built in the US. But it was only profitable for about 10 years....
12
12

Forget the gas stove, now they're coming for your house
Soon you won't have an alt.home to repair. STORY AT-A-GLANCE The European Union’s “Energy Performance of Buildings Directive” — the legislative instrument that dictates the energy performance...
2
2

Where I buy an antique thermostat
Hi All, Where can I buy a heat only, mechanical, vintage Robertshaw dial thermostat for my 1980's Rheem RGLA-075A-AR forced air heater? AND NO FREAKIN' BATTERIES!!!!! I want plain, simple, and stupid....
39
39

the biscuit tube
An Invention that changed Americas Kitchens The iconic Pillsbury pull-apart dough tube has been a staple in the kitchen for over 50 years. It's a brilliant example of fun and brand-able packaging that...

OT: Toilet Fails
I sent this link over to my ultra feminine, ultra sweet, conservative, Christian, Traditional, ultra smart (180+ IQ) trophy wife. She keeps saying I traumatized her: is pretty funny listening to her...

Emergency alert to be tested on US cellphones, TV and radio on Wednesday
alert to be tested on US cellphones, TV and radio on Wednesday The nationwide test is scheduled for 2.20pm ET and will play on US cellphones and TV and radio stations. The test is organized by Federal...
136
136

stink bug odor neutralization on nose!
Walking out the door, I was greeted by the often fall present sting bug today here in the Northeast USA. When I swatted it away, it emitted its odor and a portion of the aerosol hit around my nose....
4
4

Best non-clog toilet
I do not care about water saving or price. It does not have to look fancy, but I am getting too old to deal with snakes and plungers. So, folks what is the best? A few years ago, I replaced my $60...
30
30

Solar & wind 12% of electricity world wide
"12% of the world's power came from solar and wind in 2022" ‘Entering the clean power era’: Wind and solar generated a record amount of global power in 2022 CNBC - April 12, 2023 --

TP Tear Lines
Charmin is making a change. <> A well-known toilet paper brand has announced a new design in its popular household item. Charmin said the new "smooth tear" toilet paper will be a better experience for...
19
19

Iinput a cellphone number, get back the cellular provider and email address
I had googled and found nothing, but I found better search words: what is cellular provider for this number So the answer to my own qustion is: probably, but I haven't tried it you know the provider,...

How simple is the property tax calculation?
Someone on nextdoor posts "property tax is based on value of the property, not county services. " It couldn't be this simple. Some of the houses around here** have public streets that the county...
22
22