20-yr old ""LION auto-number C-71" inking-stamp: how to reset numbers to 1?

Long time ago I bought a mechanical ink-stamper (for lack of better name) with which you can stamp things 1, 2, 3, ...
Long gone are the instructions.
Brand is LION, item C-71.
Any idea how to reset the numbers to 000001? (000000?).
By hand, individual wheel by wheel? (A pain -- seem to turn in only one direction, so if you go one too far, you have to go all the way around again.)
Any automatic way of doing it?
--

And a problem: the little (removable) ink-pad in it --
some kind of tough fabric, looks like, is all dry and

At least YOU did! :-)
(David: write 100 times: "google is your friend!")
Thanks!
David
Maybe you could send an e-mail to this guy
http://www.wkinsler.com/office/index.html
Thanks much to everyone!
David
On Feb 20, 10:12am, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (David Combs) wrote:

WD40 has worked on dry ink pads. As far as resetting to zero I used to have a stamp, not sure if it was a LION but to zero it you rolled the type wheels forward stating with the MSD, Most Significant Digit.
Hope this helps
Jimmie