20 + 40 / 2 =30?

Can one mix a quart of SAE 40 weight oil with a quartt of SAE 20 and get SAE 30?
Why you might ask, do I just not buy a quart of 30? The problem is that I need some 40 and don't know what to do with what is left over.
micky,
No
Dave M.

Probably not going to get exactly the 30W equivalent. But depending on what you're going to use the 30W for, it might be OK. If I didn't have 30W handy and it was just going in a $100 lawn mower, I know what I would do.
On 8/16/2012 11:42 AM, micky wrote: ...
Re: 20 + 40 / 2 0?
No.
(20 + 40) / 2 0