Subject Author Posted Replies

Home garden questions
Hi, I organically garden using raised containers in the back yard and clean practices in the front yard. I do your normal suspects in the back yard like tomatoes and such. Anyone know much on fig...
12
12

1040 tax queastion
It's been stated that 30,000,000 illegal invaders have hopped the border fence and are now collecting various forms of welfare. Since my involuntary tax dollars are used to support them, can I claim...
7
7

No posts?
Not sure if it is Thunderbird or Blocknews, but hardly anything coming through the past 24 hours or so. Only one I saw today was from rbowman at 7:28
89
89

OT moon oops
So - the $ 120. million Odysseus moon lander unceremoniously tipped over on landing ... Don't the engineering geniuses at Intuitive Machines, who built it, nor NASA ever watch BattleBots ? ! Sheeesh....

Idling laws in the US
Many states have laws about letting your car idle https://www.epa.gov/sites/default/files/documents/CompilationofStateIdlingRegulations.pdf Various states in the United States have enacted anti-idling...
87
87

DIY Electronic Vehicle Rust Prevention
On Mon, 26 Feb 2024 05:26:33 -0500, Bud Frede <> wrote: My sister had one installed on her new Neon - which was later purchased by my youngest daughter. The entire front lip seam of the hood rusted...
8
8

Groups no longer supports new Usenet posts or subscriptions. Historical content remains viewable. An updated web-searchable no-login web-search archive that reports a unique URL will need to be...
6
6

OT Crabs getting new shellls.
You have to see this to appreciate it. ?v=qUisYE5kOZI As a hermit crab grows its shell becomes a tighter fit so eventually the crabs need to move into a bigger one, leading to an amazing exchange....
6
6

Siding
I recently saw a home built in 1979 that was re-sheathed and sided (not to mention 2 additions) that were added around 1997. Well the previous homeowner just let it go and all the siding came off from...
1
1

Is it okay to run a propane generator in the living room?
All of the windows would be open and fans will be on. I need to keep the cabin warm so my dog don't freeze while I'm on the road.
3
3

Do I need a larger portable generator for power outages?
In on Tue, 20 Feb 2024 23:09:10 -0700, Nick Cine Or would a larger portable...
7
7

OT What if you lose your bank account userid and passowrd?
OT although related to home finance, I've often heard that if you lose your credit card, you are only liable for $50 someone else charges on it, and for nothing if you report it soon enough (Although...
17
17

Ford F150 Taylor Swift edition
This could turn out to be a big seller
12
12

Viewing & printing woodworking plans in dxf & f3d format to 1:1 scale
Downloaded a set of woodworking plans which are in dxf and f3d format. Don't want to be a CAD expert. Just want to print them to scale. I only have a normal 8.5x11 printer at home. Don't want to go to...
7
7

Busy day today
Had my car towed to the shop after it spewed brake fluid on the garage floor (and probably some on the road the last time I drove it). I _thought_ that brake pedal was acting weird. As I sat at a stop...
23
23