2 tanks of propane, how long to last?

Friend of mine got propane on Jan 14. Now, on Feb 25, the propane is all gone. Three bedroom trailer.
Does that seem a bit fast? She keeps the heat down, and doesn't have the doors and windows open.
I did smell propane at the top of the one tank. Wonder if there is a leak?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

It would help if you told us what size tank. The tank for my little propane torch would only last about 1 hour, the one for my barbecue maybe 10 hours.
Add pictures here
✖
You are totally correct. Two eaches 100 gal tanks. My misteak.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hi, Only question like this can come from a bone head with bird's brain.
Add pictures here
✖
Punctuation and grammar are appreciated.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Add pictures here
✖

Less than one cent worth of Dawn or any other dishwashing soap would tell you if you had a leak.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖
We have 2 100lb tanks for our oven only, they last about a year. Our neighbor has 1 200 lb tank for his furnace AND water heater and he gets filled every 3 months, whether he needs it or not since he's on a plan. But he has never run out. He's heating an entire 3 story house. I use a propane torpedo heater in my shop and a 20 lb tank lasts about 4 hours. I have a big buddy heater and a 20 lb tanks last me about 2 months with heater on high being used for about 6 hours a day two days a week.
Hope these give you an idea. I would use the dish soap idea and check all the connections as well as the valves on the tanks for leaks.
SD
Add pictures here
✖
Thanks, 200 lb tank (is that the horizontal one that's about six feet long?) for three months. Sounds like her two eaches 100 gal tanks for five weeks of heat. That's running a lot of propane in a hurry.
One of these days, I've got to bubble check for leaks. In the meantime, the tanks are empty. And we're talking about getting a different supplier. So, if the tanks are exchanged, the installer should leak check. This supplier took four days to get a truck out, even having been told there is no heat, and she has a check waiting for them.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Only you "Stormy the idiot" could ask such a stupid question. ....and you claim to be a heating guy. What a Schmuk! Bubba
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 27, 8:45 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

You smell propane but wonder if its a leak, keep wondering.
Add pictures here
✖

He could try checking it with a match, then he could make the Darwin awards list.
Add pictures here
✖

He could try checking it with a match, then he could make the Darwin awards list.
And it took almost a day for someone to suggest this easy test method!
Add pictures here
✖

I suggested two cents of dishwashing liquid yesterday.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖