2-stroke oil - why not engine oil?

The quicksilver works just fine in string trimmers and any other two - stroke engine. We've used it exclusively for 8 string trimmers, 5 hedge trimmers, 12 lawnboys, 7 backpack blowers, 5 handheld blowers, and 2 handheld gas drills now for about 9 years. All at 50:1. No problems, no clogged exhausts, no thrown rods, no nothing. Just run them.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Marine engines are water cooled and do not generally run as hot as air cooled 2 strokes.

Reply to
Larry W

Rotary engines are designed to burn oil, about one quart per 1000 miles. They actually have oil injectors underneath the butterfly, somewhere in the intake manifold near the engine. And they use regular engine oil. I've seen a lot of rotary engines, and I've never seen one that had problems from burning oil. Of course, they are very different beasts then the reciprocating piston engines. I have, however, seen them die because the oil injector stopped working. And I've seen a lot die before they finally learned how to design them to that they didn't blow out after 40,000 miles :P

Reply to
Ook

When I was a kid (eons ago) outboards used non-detergent 30W and "white gas" or unleaded (but not named as such).

Reply to
pheeh.zero