2-stroke oil - why not engine oil?

Page 2 of 2
The quicksilver works just fine in string trimmers and any other two - stroke engine. We've used it exclusively for 8 string trimmers, 5 hedge trimmers, 12 lawnboys, 7 backpack blowers, 5 handheld blowers, and 2 handheld gas drills now for about 9 years. All at 50:1. No problems, no clogged exhausts, no thrown rods, no nothing. Just run them.
--
Steve Barker

< snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
On May 7, 9:04 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

When I was a kid (eons ago) outboards used non-detergent 30W and "white gas" or unleaded (but not named as such).
theres no difference,go ahead and use motor oil.
On May 7, 6:52 pm, "Ook" <Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam> wrote:

For some of the differences and background on the various classifications see--
http://www.utextension.utk.edu/publications/spfiles/SP268-I.pdf