2 stage snowblower problem?

Hello, Question? The thing chews the snow and is suposed to throw it out the shoot. Sometimes, depending on the temp of the snow and the air temp, the snow freezes up in the shoot. That makes the snowblower engine start to bog down and even stall out. Is there something I can spray into the shoot to make the snow flow more easily? With out it freezing up? TIA Dan.

Reply to
Mason121

I recommend gearing down to go slower and take less of a bite thru the snow. Maybe the owner's manual has recommendations as to what gear to use under certain amounts of snow height.

Stephen R.

Reply to
S R

None of them do very well with wet snow. Go slow.

Reply to
SofaKing

I've found some good luck with a good quality brand of silicone. Best bet is to spray it on while the machine is warm and dry, and do it the night before you need the snow thrower.

If memory serves, my dad tried a lot of things on his snow shovel to keep the snow from sticking. I think he said he liked Pam (R) cooking spray best.

Snow goes through a "chute". Minor spelling czech air-roar.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Shoot.............I didn`t even think about that when I posted. Shoot.......chute...............they sound the same. :) Dan.

Reply to
Mason121

Eye no watt ewe mene. Hit shore is hart to get him all write wen typing.

I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it. My Dad was an editor, and used to red pen everything I did, even including personal letters I left laying on the kitchen table. I learned to hide my writing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

:) Dan

Reply to