2 resetable circit breakers in one line

Here is my situation. i have two 40 amp resetable breakers that i need to wire to handle 70-80 amp loads. how do these need to be wired. as in coming from the battery split into 2 and then one to each breaker. or in a strait line? thanxs a bunch
If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to split the wires into two,one each breaker, which will give you 40 amps each. If you go in straight line you only have 40 amps. This is of course contingent on you having 80 amps to begin with

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You can't do it properly with 40 amp breakers if the load is a single device. It sounds like this is a vehicular or standby power supply application, right? If not, why are you talking about a battery?
Give us a better and more detailed description and we might be able to help you.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)