2-prong to 3-prong

Idiot.

If the outlet hasn't a ground wire, connecting the equipment ground to the outlet's center screw won't help one damn bit.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

I didn't say the answer was flawless: merely the best-- to that point.

"Idiot"? LOL Well, I see how you recognized me so easily. Thanks for the laugh.

_______________________ "Only two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Reply to
Michael A. Ball

Best Buy owns/uses GeekSquad.

I could be wrong, but I don't the Squaders are pulling out wire cutters and cutting ground plugs off of power strips.

Let the GeekSquad horror stories commence.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Two prongs does not always mean no ground. In many old homes the outlets are connected via metal conduit which provides a ground. Without checking you can not be sure it is grounded even if it has a metal conduit.

Since there are so many variations around and in older homes there often are non-code wiring, I suggest that to be safe, either assume there is no ground, or have it professionally checked.

Reply to
jmeehan

It's not the computer installers problem as I said, idiot.

Reply to
Blattus Slafaly

Irrelevent, you asshole moron.

Reply to