2 inch long nut? Special name?

I'm looking at joining two 3/8" male fittings together. I've seen nuts that are 2 inches (or longer) that would do the job. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere to buy them.
Is there a special name for these long nuts?
Noozer wrote:

Hi, If space is not a concern, how abou turn buckle? I know there is such a thing tube like nut.

This is for a stabilizer bar end link, so I don't think a turnbuckle would do the job.
Thanks though!
Tony Hwang wrote:

It's called a "coupling nut". A turnbuckle has left-handed thread on one end. HTH :-)
Bob

I just saw some of these at Home Depot - in the long bank of drawers with standard and semi-specialized hardware. Andy

Got to http://www.mcmaster.com and search for: "Coupling Nut"
Rich http://www.garagedoorsupply.com

Thanks!
That's what I was looking for.
Rod coupling

Noozer writes:

Home Depot or Lowes.

If they are used to join 2 males, they would be called HOMOSEXUAL NUTS.... By the way, a guy with 2 inch (or longer) nuts would be a freak !!!! You can probably find these nuts on one of the online GAY SITES such as egay.com. Or look to a site such as: www.extremerestraints.com/cock-and-ball-toys_191/cock-rings_34
On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:47:01 -0500, homophobic28@_none-used_.com wrote:

I used to have a lesbian garden hose, until the rats ate it.