2 fireplaces share same p

S > Working on fireplace project, and I would like to have a fireplace on S > main flor and basement. I also will install both fireplaces pointing S > to same chimney, so big question is, can I use/share 1 set of pipes S > with 2 fireplaces? I would never use both fireplaces at same time. S > I'm also planning to use 2100C temperture heat tested pipes (double S > insulted).
I believe each fireplace has to have its own flue. My parents' place has a fireplace in the basement and the main floor and the fireplace has three flues: one for each fireplace and the third for the oil- burning furnace. The fireplaces were directly over each other.
- » barry.martin■AT■thesafebbs.zeppole.com «
* Modern Latin: "Sharpei diem." (Sieze the Wrinkle Dog.)
■ RoseReader 2.52ß P003186
■ The Safe BBS ■ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971