2-cycle oil mix ratio question.

Page 2 of 2
Frank wrote: ...

But one mix doesn't fit all (well, anyway).
I'd suggest if you don't use something regularly to simply keep fresh gas and oil and mix fuel when you use it.
50:1 is your one mix. And if you have some you think is stale, just dump it in your car. It'll never know the difference.

Won't that leave oil on the seats, when it dries?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

re: every few months I dump the old gas out
Where?
personally i put mine on the grassy strip down the middle of my gravel driveway. Or sometimes in the car. Depends on which is closer at the time.
re: every few months I dump the old gas out
Where?

re: every few months I dump the old gas out
Where?
In another gas can until its filled than into the 30 year plus Troy-Built tiller. Where else you suggest it be dumped?
Still wonder what is OPE.
I am likely to late for the orginal poster but I can answer his question what is OPE : OPE = Outdoor Power Equipment. and while I am unconvinced about to much oil causing higher operating tempatures I can not dis prove it . hpowever if one had a infared tempature reading gun it would be easy to test. Now on to the other thing I do know from my years in and around the auto and small engine industry and that is higher test or grade fuel is harder to ignite ,a good reason not to put 93 in your car in the winter unless the car is desinged for 93. this less of a problem since computer and o2 sensors but in the early days of 87 older cars with out computers had to have the timing adjusted to prevent predetonation; the fuel was more easily ignited and therefore ignition was occuring to early.
Hope this helps a little or is somewhat enertaining
Jay

You do not understand octane and or detonation.
93 does NOT ignite less readily than 87. It is detonation (which is uncontrolled and un-natural burning) which is the issue, and running 93 NEVER required the timing to be re-adjusted. You COULD advance the timing on 93 to get more power, in which case running 87 would cause problems if the timing was not retatded.
Now, on top of that, in 2 stroke engines, oil reduces the octane of the mixture - and the more oil, the lower the octane - so running hightest in a two stroke, particularly a high output 2 stroke, IS a good idea. Particularly in today's market, where many fuel companies put 10% ethanol in the legular and none in the hightest, laving the mid-grade somewhere around 5%. Ethanol and 2 strokes are notan intelligent mix.