2 ceiling fans, one controller- how to reduce hum?

I have two fixtures in a large room (on the same circuit). I have the extra wires in the wall to install one more circuit, so I want to install matched ceiling fans, both on the same switch. All the humless switches I've seen only work at 1.5a, and are only rated for a single fan. So far it appears that my options are either a variable speed control, which will likely cause the fans to hum, or, use just an on-off switch and use pullchains on the fans.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a humless switch for two fans? If not, is there anything I can use in conjunction with a variable speed switch to reduce the hum?

Many thanks in advance, Keith

Reply to
K Ruck

One possible solution is to get two remote speed controls and set the codes the same. Then one remote control will put both fans on the same speed simultaneously. At the time I got mine, the remote controls came in two styles. One was a hand held, the other could be mounted in the wall box where the original control was mounted.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Give it a sheet with the lyrics printed on it.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Hi, You mean switch is humming or fan motor is humming? Hum is caused by fan struggling not getting enough juice(at slow speed). May be better quality motor with more windings may solve the problem. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang