2 AC Filters?

I have a filter at the base of my air handler (in the garage). I have an AC intake inside of my house. This intake does not have a filter and is looking very dusty (the cover and duct inside). I was told by an AC tech not to put a filter there because it would make the AC work too hard - it was designed to have one filter. This does not make sense. All the contaminants are getting into the AC ducts. If if most are stopped by the filter at the air handler. Should I have a second filter?
Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone has one and no 2 are the same.

IF (caps intended) there has been a filter at the filter grill (intake) inside your house, leave one there.
Best bet, IMO, would be to put a pleated filter at the furnace and a blue one in the house.
Blatherskite
"Never forget that everything Hitler did
No. Only one. The system is designed for the resistance provided by ONE filter; not two. That said, you probably -could- reloacte it, however, it you think that would help. But you should not add a filter. Pop
--

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:v%c1g.144924$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
Seems to me that you could put a fine filter like a 3M Filtrete at the furnace and a cheap fiberglass filter at the intake if you have a powerful air handler. Newer systems have good air handlers if properly designed but many systems have inadequate fans.

TC wrote:

http://www.udarrell.com/external_static_pressure_readings.html - Darrell
--
Free Dish Network Satellite System TV Certificate you can use to promote your
business opportunities! The Certificate number is good anywhere in the United