$2.16 success

Page 2 of 2
On Mar 1, 2:34pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

thermal fuses can fatigue over time, eventually they poof gone open.
but check for free turning fan and free flowing exhaust which hopefully doesnt dead end in your attics insulation.....

It might be beter to use a wire instead of the fuse and install an inline fuse holder so you will not have to pull the motor if it hapens again.
On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 22:24:41 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"

They need to be where the heat is generated to do any good -and that is virtually IN the motor, or at least ON it. And they do not fit in fuse holders

I missed the THERMAL part. I was thinking of a room fan I repaired for someone that had a fuse in it that looked like a small resistor. It was not a thermal fuse, just a small one in the fan motor.