1999 Dodge RAM 1500 would not start

About 55,000 miles. 5.9 liter engine.
I have started having problems recently. Sometimes, it would crank, but would not start. Then, sometimes, if I "reboot" it by disconnecting battery for a minute, then it starts. Also, recently I put it in reverse, then in forward again, and the engine stalled.
This morning I could not start it altogether, although I had relatively little time.
I own a code reader and a repair manual and would like to try to figure it out myself.
What would be a sensible problem solving approach here?
On 26 Apr 2005 17:47:22 GMT, Ignoramus21174

Move out of the truck and get a house, or at least a mobile home. Better yet stop crossposting to alt.HOME.repair
It could be as simple as bad gas but who can say you give little info and it could be many things. Try alcohol in the gas first
On 26 Apr 2005 17:47:22 GMT, Ignoramus21174

Yo Dude Why yo posting this on alt.home.repair? Do yo live in that piece of shit Dodge? The next time yo post to this newsgroup I will send the gang to yo house or truck and yo mouth will be filled with all the gasoline in yo truck, and then yo will be shot and burned along with yo dodge.