Subject Author Posted Replies

Search results from Google search
In the end... Youtube, Facebook, Yahoo, Vevo, Instagram and others are all in a big fight. That's just how competition goes.
26
26

Do I need a lot of gravel under concrete?
The most important thing is you need a stabilized base. That means you can't pour concrete over soil, you need something solid. If there is 16" of soil, then packed gravel and clay, then the 16" of...
4
4

Ping Frank: a fun paper for you
Hi Frank, This is a fun read: Research Brief: ‘Fool’s gold’ may be valuable after all with one volt too. :-) -T https://twin-cities.umn.edu/news-events/research-brief-fools-gold-may-be- For the...
2
2

FIRE ALARMS
In article Mercellus Bohren wrote: The fire alarm people say yes. Apparently there is some radioactive material involved, that deteriorates over several years. Fred
15
15

What metric do you use to estimate remaining brake pad life on a typical economy sedan?
You still haven't put the twit in the bit bucket?????
30
30

OT: Armadillo nonsense
'd just love to see a cyclist fall over one of those. And by the way, if an emergency vehicle can get over them, so can my car. Fuck you cyclists. As the recent number of road incidents involving...
12
12

LED Floods
I wanted to reuse two LED floods on an old fixture. Connected black to brown and blue to whit using the existing wires. No light?

How old style light bulbs are made
Making a light bulb with a tungsten filament is a little complicated. The filament starts out 20" long. <> Or TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL engineerguy youtube - Bing video...

hooks into concrete wall
Hello there Sorry this is different post from the previous one (the solution was to use tension rod). Now this is different, I have concrete wall and I want to place some hooks in the wall. I have...
12
12

Concrete section next to hardwood!
I am having my hardwood floor refinished. An old fireplace that was on a concert block was replaced with a wood stove so now part of the old block is covered with ugly ceramic tile. Any suggestions as...
13
13

placing a hock in concrete ceiling
Hi I have bathroom in the basement under the front porch. I removed all the drywalls and what is left is just the concrete ceiling and the concrete walls. I want to place a hook in the ceiling (see...
7
7

liquid tight connector to pvc conduit
... GEEZER STORY ALERT/ We had to pull coax for the coal analyzer detector head -- a NaI(Tl) scintillation counter. In the days before vendors developed integral electronics it required both a HV...
25
25

Trumpers get US banned from Canada & EU
Europe, Canada Ban US From Entering Amid Coronavirus Cases Spike Australia - Sat, July 25, 2020 --...

OT - Maggie will love this
Clipped picture of newly married couple from today's paper. I know Maggie will love this: Just married Just married Just married
2
2

waterproofing a wooden planter
On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 06:29:52 -0400, Bob Vela wrote: I have never seen that in 4 x 8 sheets ! .. so I checked-out Lowes ... they make you guess at the width and thickness - :-) :-) quite a...
15
15