19.5HP Brigtgs & Stratton Engine Helpppppp!

I have a Sears Mower with a 19.5 HP Briggs and Stratton motor. I've ha
it in the shop several times with no real help. I must choke the motor (1/2 to full)to keep it running. I can pour gas into the carb to kee it running. I checked the fuel lines, filter, took out the tank an cleaned it with no real success. I've had the carb replaced, new car kits and still no real success.
Have some ideas that might solve the problem?
Thanks,
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co
-- edbrehm2
I'm having choke problems with my Sears Mower. I must keep the choke on the whole time at 1/2 to full. I checked the gas lines, cleaned the tank and filter etc. I can pour gas into the carb to keep it running otherwise it dies out from lack of gas. I've replaced the carb with limited help and put in several carb kits with limited success.
Have some ideas?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
--
edbrehm2

Replace the gasket between the carb and the motor. Also gook it with Permatex #2 non hardening. Try not to get the black gook on anything, it's msierable to get it off. If you do, try auto drygas for removing the black gook.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Replace the intake manifold gasket.
edbrehm2 wrote:

Hi, Vacuum leak? Spray WD40 around gaskets, carb. base, etc. Tony
Sounds like you need to replace the gasket between the carb and the engine. Also gook the gaskset with Permatex #2 non hardening gasket sealer.
Be sure to read my post to th eother guy about cleaning up Permatex if it gets on hands, clothes, etc.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus