18V cordless finish nailer, opinions?

Thinking of getting one for the wife for xmas (really). This one in particular:

She does a lot of finish work (trim and such), we already have 3 18V batteries for various other tools, and it seems like a better option for low-intensity jobs. It also seems like a more elegant solution than a compressor and nailer. I understand that it's not expandable to larger nails, but framing isn't a job she does ever.

Halvey

If you'd consider an air nailer, Senco has a finish nailer and a brad nailer set deal for $159. I got it at Lowes

Reply to
Brynk

Just a couple of points to consider.

Cost: This is much more than what you'd pay for a pancake compressor and a pneumatic nail gun. OK, so you don't care.

Weight: Every time you pick this up you are handling more weight than just the pneumatic nailer. While pulling an air line can be a PITA, using a gun that weighs maybe twice as much can be also.

Battery: Are the 18V batteries you have compatible?

Christmas: Is this a tool for her work or her hobby? Tools for the job are now very romantic. If it is for her hobby, I'm sure she will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'd prefer the compressor nailer for it's low cost and quick trigger reaction or recoil time, but unpractical for her. My preference as girl would be quality nail punch sets, flush nails sets and a four sets of goldsmith hammers. Unless she spends lots time watching "The New Yankee Workshop" all day just like me.

Reply to
Leroy Mowry

That is the smart way to give a gift, if she doesnt like it it will be just what you wanted.

Watch out she may buy you tupperware next time.

Reply to
m Ransley

Reminds me of 3 years ago, when I bought my wife an absolutely beautiful shiny new lawn tractor for Christmas... I think once I finish building her the new kitchen I'm working on now I MIGHT be just about ready to move out of the doghouse and back with the rest of the family

Reply to
Mikey S.