18V battery powered tools

Unless the technology improves tremendously, a 120 volt battery is going to be pretty cumbersome.
The Daring Dufas wrote:

The trouble is that the 120-volt power packs are so large that they have to be housed somewhere else and people have to use power cords to connect the tool to the power source. Not always very convenient.
Perce

You have to send in your battery packs! Primecell just replaces the cells to newer types. Nothing to do with replacing the case itself.
It is a family business - in the USA. You print the order form, complete it and ship your batteries.
Oren wrote:

I understand that--my first suggestion to the OP was to get his packs rebuilt...
But I disagree wholeheartedly w/ the "If your tool is 5 years old... it is likely that the existing replacement packs are also 5 years old. They stopped making the battery packs... when they released the new model, ..."
My point is that the OEMS do NOT in general cease making the battery packs for existing models when a new model is introduced; the continue w/ production of multiple voltages at any one time and even if a particular voltage is discontinued there will be new packs available for them for quite a long time.
It's marketing hype, granted, but imo very misleading hype.

When I got my 18v Ridgid set I think the batteries had a 3yr warranty at the time. All 3 batteries were not holding charge. Sent back. They sent 3 new batteries along with a new charger. New charger acted differently. Bad charger or bad design I guess.
Even though there was no charge, they itemized the repairs. It was like $10 less than what I paid for the complete full kit.

that made them look good..........
so your more likely to buy theirs again

Hmmmm. Maybe I should be looking at Milwaukee tools instead of replacement batteries....

No, but you can have them rebuilt cheaper with a better battery. www.primecell.com The higher the rating, the less charges needed and the more life you can expect.
On Jul 1, 11:48am, snipped-for-privacy@address.net (anonymous) wrote:

2 years hard use may be normal. Running a pack to low and charging it hot can hurt it, when the drill just slows its dead and needs recharging. Ridgid has a lifetime warranty even on batteries they say, I havnt needed it yet so I cant say how they honor it but its advertised. Rebuild your packs if drills are good.