Subject Author Posted Replies

Amazon orders 100,000 electric delivery trucks,
From last Sept. Your Amazon Prime account is helping upend the electric vehicle market.
344
344

Home improvement?
For the lesser skilled
40
40

20 hp riding mower " hunting "
Looking for suggestions - 1991 Wheelhorse 520H hydro - the normally smooth running 20 hp Onan has started to hunt during operation < engine speed going up & down in steady waves > I installed a new...
15
15

Balanced hammer
This is an example of what you can do with a well balanced hammer. Easy to swing you can do bit things. This is Micky showing what he has done
1
1

marbles
What to make when you have too much time on your hands. Very creative
1
1

OT: George Carlin - Saving the Planet
I turned the transcript text on and copy/pasted a little bit below. It's a fun listen for sure! "I'm not one of these people who's worried about everything. You got people like this around... your...
2
2

Quarantine Road
I was looking for a place to recycle some tvs and computers and I came across the Quarantine Road Landfill (They probably recycle by mixing with dirt) I havent' found infor about it yet, but here is a...
3
3

What do they mean by a well-balanced hammer.
What do they mean by a well-balanced hammer? Every hammer I've ever had was heavier at one end.
9
9

OT Why do parents send children away to boarding school?
OT Why did/do parents send their HS or younger children away to boarding school? Like this one, mother could never understand and I don't either. Don't they like their children? Don't they want to...
6
6

OT Baby RFID
In Carolyn Hax, the topic of an implanted chip in a baby, that shows up as a dot on a smartwatch, was raised. Do they have such things? RFID requires a transceiver within a few feet, right? So what...
10
10

Shop-Vac closing operations in Williamsport, PA
You better get your parts and supplies for your Shop-Vac wet/dry vacs soon. The company was looking for a buyer and had one lined up; whom bailed at the last minute. <>
3
3

Downshifting when going down steep hillls
says it controls the brake and accelerator so you can concentrate on steering, but about the transmission, only this: "This capability helps you concentrate on steering since you don’t have to apply...

Heat pumps?
I was watching the Dirty Jobs show with Mike Rowe the other day. He was helping well drillers sink wells for a heat pump system for something like an old folks home. It occurred to me that I haven't...
29
29

mind bender -- 4" cast iron female hub, lead 4" pipe
Hi all, I'm working on the toilet plumbing that was installed right after the last ice age. :-) Below the toilet, I had a female cast iron hub with a 4" lead pipe inserted which came up to mate with...
9
9

Toro walk behind mower - drive doesn't "pull" as much as should
Hi, I've a Toro Recycler 6.5HP walk behind mower with front drive. It's probably 9years old at this point. Over this past summer, when I engage the drive, it's just not pulling as much as it used to,...
11
11