Subject Author Posted Replies

More about the US census
For 100 years, Census Day has been April 1. the 2010 census, a new section was added to the Overview page, Key 2010 Census Dates. The other years don't have this, but at least I know that for 2010...
23
23

OT, sort of: Printer toner
I got four new Office World toner carts from Amazon for my HL-2240 Brother printer for $32.39 yesterday! I can't understand how they can sell them so cheaply. Hope they work! Haven't needed one yet....
15
15

2nd Wall Ready for Primer
Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian https://i.postimg.cc/MT3mG2Jv/2nd-Wall-Ready-For-Primer-10-17-2020.jpg
5
5

bosch dishwasher overhead spray arm
It's been more than a decade since JOHN posted that the arm goes underneath the upper tray. Wow! Thanks. I bought this DW because it's quiet, and have been perplexed about a new machine's arm just......

mask brackets
Mask brackets "these will make breathing so much easier" Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but it's...
25
25

NiMH batteries
I have batteries and charger maybe 10 years old that were seldom used. Charged them up the other day for a TV remote and one went dead in a couple of days and others only lasted a couple of weeks. I'm...
9
9

Car repair
Yesterday I had my head way up under the dashboard because after doing something really dumb, I had to replace a fuse. I was in a very uncomfortable position and then my wife comes out to pester me...
1
1

mechanism to change height of a work bench
I built a work bench years ago (~5' wide, 30" deep). Basic 2x4 framing and 3/4" plywood desk top with ESD shelf on top of that, + 3-4 shelves above desktop for equipment location. One thing I wanted...
25
25

OT. 70% Tax Rate
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta research shows how a small gain in income can actually cost poor people a bunch. <> (Bloomberg) -- Millions of low-income Americans are locked into poverty thanks to...
5
5

Percentage of Americans owning guns
and other lies the media tells. Here is the CBS article about it and this is what they say about Florida ******* Florida comes in at number 30, with 10.2 guns for every 1,000 residents. That's a...
72
72

Can I link neutral from a 110v wire or receptacle to a 220v 3 wire to create a 4 wire oven range outlet?
Can I combine a neutral white wire from a 110v wire or receptacle with a 220v 3 wire to create a 4 wire oven range outlet? I want to install a powder coating oven in my shop. I got an oven for free...
5
5

Cool electrical tool.
Amazon got me in an ad but this looks cool <> contact volt METER (not just test light) with an laser aimed IR thermometer. $40 Voltage Tester designed specifically for HVAC applications | Volt Pen...
10
10

The Ten Percent Flat Tax
The Ten Percent Flat Tax The present tax system is unfair. The most serious fault with our present income tax system is that it has so grossly unfair. Only half of our nations income sources are being...
43
43

LED "shop" light fixtures
Just a rant ... < a long one - sorry folks > but wondering if anyone else has any bad experience with this type of lighting ? And - buyer beware if you're outfitting your whole shop ! Less...
4
4

Large dip in my yard
A large area in my yard is dipping and it slowly spreading. The house was built in the early 80s. I don't know if this is soil settling in or due to a cracked/broken water or sewage line. The water...
29
29