Subject Author Posted Replies

Programmable Thermostat
The programmable thermostat on my upstairs Comfortmaker heat pump has started acting strangely. It's made by Totaline. In normal operation, when it is being programmed, certain numbers or digits...
12
12

Using dryer with rigid duct and 3" outdoor vent
The previous owner of my house had put in a 3" dryer outdoor vent. Why I don't know, perhaps this was the size years ago, but in any event I thought I would compensate for this by running all...
12
12

Grouting new tile question
Finished putting up 4"x4" ceramic tile around the bathtub and other places. This is the first time I've done tile. Does the small gap between the top of the tub and the bottom of the tile get...
5
5

What type of gauge to pressure check black gas pipe.
I will be adding a tee and run into my gas lines. I was planning on a pressure test and soap test. I have a gauge that I used for co2 I guess this will also work? It is from 0-60psi
3
3

What stops the water?
In a typical bathroom floor tile installation you have the following sequence: Plywood subfloor, Thin-Set, Backerboard, Thin-Set, Tile/Grout. If the grout is not perfectly sealed and the bathroom is...
25
25

vacuum cleaner puzzler.
Hi all, got a real puzzler. Bought and old canister type vacuum off eBay and it arrived today. Hooked it up, started testing it out, seemed to work fine. Vacuumed the kitchen and dining room (tile...
6
6

Oil furnace
I have an oil hot water furnace that when its on, runs weather or not heat is needed just to maintain the temp. I want to change it to a cold start system so I can leave it on but not run unless my...
14
14

Door swelled from moisture won't close
Sand it till it works, it will expand contract even sealed in paint, its the house that is also moving, all you can do it give it the clearance it needs it wont open visable gaps later.
13
13

Laminate installation
Hi Group, Got a question about installing laminate. I'll be installing glueless laminate in a small bedroom which has a closet. I want to continue the laminate into the closet. I intend to cut...
5
5

Residential Locksmith Washington
hello I was wondering if any forum members may be able to recommend trustworthy and competitive security firms/locksmiths. We are planning to get quotes for new security provision for our block of 16...
8
8

Ace Hardware
Sign in window (with picture) "Double ended male 'adapters" are illegal, dangerous, a fire hazard, and possible immoral.' " are other reasons to avoid male/male plug-ins.
39
39

Plan3D home/kitchen/bath design software
I have been searching for software that I can use to design kitchens and baths for a few different properties that I own. I have posted this question here and elsewhere in the past under a different...
9
9

Thicker ceramic tile?
Ceramic tile project -- and there are a few issues... years ago I did some ceramic tile but the stuff then was thin and flat. Now I'm feeling out of date. The tile I have now is 4/10 inch thick...
6
6

Electric water heater - not enough hot water
Bad dip tube.
10
10

You can too recharge "nonrechargeable" batteries
I just did it. The display on my little phone-answering machine was blinking "BL", so I took out the 9-volt battery (Eveready "Super Heavy Duty") and stuck it in my little ni-cad charger overnight....
18
18