Subject Author Posted Replies

Water Softener Timer Gets Stuck
All, The clock dial on my water softener seems to get stuck at 3AM every so often. I'll come down in the morning and it will be stuck on the "rinse" cycle. Has this ever happened to anyone?...
3
3

help on building a small pole barn / small animal shelter
I need something for a few goats - two or three, and maybe a couple llmas, etc. I'm thinking 8x8 or maybe 8x16, if I include a place to keep food dry. I have no experiene with this type of...
7
7

CFLs vs incandescent "max wattage" cautions in overhead fixtures....
The ceiling fixtures in our house all have labels indicating the maximum wattage (incandescent) bulb to place in the fixture. I assume this is a heat-based limit... If I'm replacing the...
65
65

Hilti DX-A41
Anyone know where I can purchase cartridges for this gun? Newfoundland is the area
1
1

Stihl or Husqvarna?
anyone with a recommendation for a small, arborist style chainsaw? the goal is the be able to operate it in small spaces with one hand. please suggest also an online web store, if you know of any that...
53
53

Fuses in box get hot when using Kenmore Electric Dryer (only on heat cycle)
Hello, I have an older Kenmore Electric Dryer SER #M61901833 Mod #86671100 66711. A few months back I checked the clothes mid-cycle and found the inside door and the clothes to be very hot, hotter...
65
65

Electric dryer plug and outlet question
On 1/18/2009 8:23 PM Mikepier spake thus: Can't you just remove the outlet from the box and flip it 180°?
17
17

Garage Door WHACKY
I installed our garage door almost three years ago and it's worked fine until recently. In recent months, it's been acting like the panels are getting out of alignment and it binds up and...
16
16

pressure relief valve
I have an apollo heating system;which uses hot water to heat with. my pressure relief valve is it is an apollo system the valve must be replaced by an apollo relief valve. my question is: how...
5
5

Kenmmore Gas stove problem
We have a Kenmore Gas stove, model 665.75776890, that the oven will not heat-up. The top burners work fine. How do I troubleshoot the ignitor, and if the ignitor works, what is my next troubleshooting...
1
1

House Leveling
My son's two-story home has a cracked foundation with attendant settling. He noticed a crew working on a house a few doors down and had a chat with the crew chief. The crew chief (named...
23
23

help for troubleshooting
I have a 2 ton amana that the condenser is not powering up but the contacter and capaceter and 24 v transformer is been replaced I have power to t-stat but not to the condenser can anyone help i think...
1
1

OT: Peanut butter, again
edited, read entire article online. Aparently affected are institutions. And consumer products containing peanut butter as part of some other food.) JANUARY 16, 2009, 9:45 P.M. ET 453 Illnesses, 5...
22
22

TV service query ? ? ?
This query seeks experience of others on cable, digital, and satellite TV services. We live in a six-unit apartment building. Is it possible to get a single cable or satellite service for the entire...
35
35

Installing foil backed insullation board (pt2)
I used foamboard and left a 2" gap so I could see any leak.
10
10